These refrigerator bran muffins–a family recipe shared by my amazing Auntie Lois–are an all-time favorite in my house. They are SO yummy! The recipe makes a huge batch, but the batter stores in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. It is perfect for busy mornings because we can spoon out just what we need and have a hot, delicious, & healthy breakfast even when we are short on time (or energy.)
1. Combine first five dry ingredients in a large bowl; mix well.
2. Combine wet ingredients in a second bowl & whisk well.
3. Pour wet mixture into cereal mixture; stir just until blended. Fold in Craisins.
Recipe: Refrigerator Raisin Bran Muffins
Summary: Keep a batch of these in the fridge for a quick & easy weekday breakfast solution!
- 1 15oz box Raisin Bran
- 5 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Craisins or raisins (optional)
- fresh or frozen blueberries (optional)
- Combine first five dry ingredients in a large bowl; mix well.
- Combine wet ingredients in a second bowl & whisk well.
- Pour wet mixture into cereal mixture; stir just until blended. Fold in Craisins.
- Place in tightly covered container in refrigerator overnight. Batter will keep up to 3 weeks. DO NOT STIR!!!
- To bake, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin tins (or use muffin liners). Spoon desired amount of batter into pan. If desired, press fresh or frozen blueberries into muffins just before baking. Bake 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 18 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Printing a coupon or ordering a product through this link may result in a commission, which helps pay for the cost of running this site and keeps the content free. Read my full disclosure policy here.