After a whole month of bare-minimum grocery shopping my once-plentiful stockpile was starting to look a little pathetic, and I realized it was time for a major shopping trip. While Trouble was napping this morning, I actually sat down (novel concept, I know!) and took plenty of time to gather and organize all my coupons before my trip. So I was really, really irritated with myself when I got to the store and realized I had forgotten to print my free avocado coupon. Again. Grrrrr. I wanted to strangle myself, but other than that one little mishap, the excursion was uneventful. And in honor of Halloween, the bakery was giving out free frosted sprinkle cookies to the kids, which was a treat (especially since the nice bakery man let mommy have one, too. The breakfast of champions!)
When I got home, I realized that my very sweet cashier had forgotten two of my coupons and I had forgotten the hot dogs. Since I still wanted my free avocado, and since I was planning to make a quick trip to Walgreens for milk, eggs, & butter, I decided to pop back in. The customer service gal very graciously refunded my $2 for the coupons, and I FINALLY got my avocado.
Here is what I got:
At Publix I spent $68.31 for $251.03 worth of groceries. This was a much higher total than I’ve seen in a while, but I got a TON of stuff! My freezer and pantry are once again pleasantly full.
(4) $2 off Contessa Meals (Publix Yellow Advantage Flyer)
(8) $1 off 2 Campell’s Select Harvest Soup (Smart Source insert, 9/12)
(2) $1 off Kraft Velveeta (Publix coupon, no more prints available)
(2) $0.75 off 2 Quaker Chewy Granola Bars (Red Plum insert, 9/19)
(4) $1.00 off Cascadian Product (Publix Coupon Booklet)
(1) $0.75 off 2 Ball Park Hot Dogs (Red Plum insert, 10/24)
(2) $1 off Ball Park Hot Dogs (Publix Coupon Booklet)
(1) $3 off 2 Johnson’s Baby Products (Publix in-ad coupon)
(2) $1 off Johnson’s Baby Products (Red Plum insert, 9/12)
(1) $1 off produce (Publix Baby Club coupon, received in mail)
(1) $1 off deli item (Publix Baby Club coupon, received in mail)
At Walgreens I spent $8.15 for $53.24 worth of groceries, a savings of 85%
(3) $3 off Alka-Seltzer Plus (Red Plum insert, 10/24)
(2) Buy 1, Get 1 Free Balance Bar (Smart Source insert, 10/10)
$12.50 Register Rewards
($5.20 in RRs leftover)
I also ended up making a quick stop at CVS for milk because Register Rewards cannot be used to purchase milk at Walgreens. Who knew? Anyway, at CVS I spent $3.36 for $20.96 worth of groceries, a savings of 84%.
$13 Extra Care Bucks
($12 ECBs leftover)
Altogether, today I spent $79.82 for $325.23 worth of groceries, an average savings of 75% for the day. Combined with my Sunday totals
, this week I spent $89.75 for $410.62, an average savings of 78%
for the week.
Okay, all you frugalistas, it’s your turn! Link your weekly shopping results below, or leave a comment with your proudest shopping moment this week!
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Printing a coupon or ordering a product through this link may result in a commission, which helps pay for the cost of running this site and keeps the content free. Read my full disclosure policy here.