This may come as a surprise (or maybe a disappointment) to some of you, but I’m not a huge fan of Black Friday. I absolutely loathe large crowds of people, and eight years of working in retail was enough to make me avoid the mall at all costs at any time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. The one year I did decide to fight the crowds and score a great deal on a new digital camera, the camera ended up being a complete piece of garbage and I returned it a month later and vowed to never put myself through that ordeal again. If you are one of those crazy enthusiastic people who want to get up at 2am or, worse better yet, camp overnight in the Best Buy parking lot, more power to you. Just don’t look for me. On Black Friday morning I will be home, in bed, cuddled with my girls (and dear sweet husband who does not like to be left out!) underneath our 800 thread count sheets.
That said, there are some really great Black Friday deals out there. So although I have no interest in hitting the stores myself this Friday, I decided to put together a list of my top Black Friday deals for those of you who are insane do enjoy the mad rush of the busiest shopping day of the year.
- 40″ LCD HDTV by Westinghouse at Target for $298 (regularly $549.99)
- 32″ LCD TV by Emerson at Walmart for $198 (regularly $328)
- Canon PowerShot SX12 IS 10MP Camera for $129 (regularly $220)
- Phillips Portable DVD player at Walmart for $49 (regularly $69.99)
- iPad at TJ Max for $399 (regularly $499)
- Sony BlueRay Player at Target and Best Buy for $99 (regularly $179.99)
- Sony Vaio 15.5″ Laptop at Best Buy for $399 (regularly $599)
- Wii Bundle at Sam’s Club for $299 (regularly $400)
- FurReal Friends LuLu’s Walking Kitty at Walmart for $10 (regularly $30+)
- ZhuZhu Pets at Walmart for $4 (regularly $9)
- Leapster 2 at Walmart for $25 (regularly $40+)
- Dyson DC14 Vacuum at Sears for $219 (regularly $439)
- KitchenAid Mixer at Kohls for $129.99 (after 10% off, $20 rebate, $30 Kohl’s Cash, regularly $250)
- Chefmate Appliances at Target for $3 (regularly $20)
- 2 carat Diamond Bracelet at Kohl’s for $99
- Apt. 9 Cashmere Sweaters at Kohls for $34.99 (regularly $100)
- 1 carat tw. White Gold Diamond Earrings at Sam’s Club for $499
- 1/2 carat tw. Diamond Earrings at JCPenney for $79.99
And just a little FYI: I always try to post on Twitter & Facebook any super hot deals I come across. If you aren’t already, be sure to “like” Living Well, Spending Less on Facebook or follow me on Twitter to make sure you don’t miss a beat.
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Printing a coupon or ordering a product through this link may result in a commission, which helps pay for the cost of running this site and keeps the content free. Read my full disclosure policy here.