You may recall that last month I totally blew it and forgot my mom’s birthday.
She has long since forgiven me, but I still feel terrible. Luckily Mother’s Day is coming so I now have a chance to make it up for her. I’ve been doing a little online “window” shopping, and I have found so many great gift ideas that I just had to share them. (Husband, if you’re reading, hint hint.) And because this is Living Well Spending Less, you can bet that everything on this list is a great deal! Because the only thing better than finding the perfect gift is the perfect gift at a bargain price.
I am a huge fan of online shopping, especially from Amazon.com, where two-day shipping is free on almost everything when you sign up for Amazon Mom. What’s better than that? I avoid having to drag my kids into a billion stores, I save on gas, and, since my mom lives in Washington State and I live in Florida, I save on shipping costs.
Home & Garden
1. Presto Pro EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener. Dull knives are so annoying & this just looks so cool. The thought of being able to slice through a tomato like butter almost makes me giddy. (Amazon.com, $29.95)
3. Prodyne Fruit Infusion 93-Ounce Natural Fruit Flavor Pitcher. How cool is this for making your own fruit-flavored ice tea (for a fraction of the cost of that tasty-but-pricey bottled stuff)? (Amazon.com, $19.84)
4. Gray Welcome Mat (click on tag shop, ends 4/28). I am already in love with Zulily.com for kids clothing, but every once in a while they also feature some very cute home goods at AMAZING prices! I found this tag shop yesterday and I literally want to order single item. But hurry! The Tag shop will only be featured until tomorrow! Oh, and if you order $50 or more, be sure to use coupon code GA1982 to save an additional $5! (Zulily.com, tag Shop, $16.49)
10. Hamilton Beach Gourmet Panini Press. I get hungry just looking at it. I think this would be one of those things that you’d never think to buy for yourself, but one you had it, wouldn’t be able to live without. (Amazon.com, $28.86)
Books, Magazines & Music
In January I went to a blogging conference called Blissdom. While I was there, I met some truly amazing women who just happen to write blogs. Some of them write books too, including the next 3 books on this list. All 3 have been absolutely fabulous, thought-provoking, and inspiring
14. Good Enough Is the New Perfect: Finding Happiness and Success in Modern Motherhood. A must-read for any type-A over-acheiving mommy. (Amazon.com, 10.33)
15. Organized Simplicity: The Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living. My organizing book fetish continues…but this book is inspiring beyond just cleaning up. (Amazon.com, $10.45)
16. The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are. Brene Brown, who wrote this book, was one of the keynote speakers for the conference & her words have changed me beyond measure. Read this book and then give it to everyone you know. It will change your life! (In a good way.) (Amazon.com, $8.44)
Clothing and Accessories
22. Gussy Sews Orange Lotus Wristlet. At Blissdom I saw all these women walking around with the cutest bags I had ever seen. I finally told a gal, “I just love your bag, where did you get it?” And she replied, “Well, I’m Gussy and I make them.” I ordered my bag the next day and now I am totally hooked. And sweet Gussy has even offered a special discount just for LWSL readers! Use coupon code “livingwell” to save 15% on your order through Saturday, May 7th. (ShopGussy.com, $27.20 after discount)
Crafts & Hobbies
25. Stampin’ Up $15 Grab Bag ($60 worth of products!) I’m a sucker for grab bags. Okay, so you don’t know exactly what you’re going to get, but I love pretty much everything in the Stampin’ Up catalog, so how exciting to get at least $60 worth of stuff for only $15! I just ordered this last week and I can’t wait to see what I get! (StampinUp.com, $15.00)
Food, Wine, & Flowers
26. $30 worth of fresh flowers from KaBloom for only $15. This is a great deal anyway, but if you are new to Eversave, (a daily deal site similar to Groupon), you will get a $4 credit when you sign up (making this a SPECTACULAR deal at only $11!) (Eversave.com, $15)
And speaking of Groupon, there are a few deals today that would make great gifts!
29. Get $75 worth of fine wine from Barclay’s Wine for $25 @ Groupon.com (Cedar Rapids)
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Printing a coupon or ordering a product through this link may result in a commission, which helps pay for the cost of running this site and keeps the content free. Read my full disclosure policy here.