A Naturally Vintage Christmas at My Dream House

I’m still working on the final touches for my own virtual holiday home tour–and the Christmas cocktail party we are throwing tonight–but I thought today I’d share some really cool natural & vintage Christmas decorating ideas from my friend Stacy’s beautiful home.

Those of you who have been reading this blog for a while might her gorgeous house from this post a while back.  It is the most amazing little 1927 Craftsman bungalow, made even better by her incredible quirky and eclectic vintage style.  (If you love vintage items, be sure to check out her Etsy shop!  She has SUCH cool stuff!) I could literally spend hours there, just drooling over her ideas and chatting about, well, everything.  We are two peas in a creative pod!   And of course the girls love going just for the chickens.

This year her home was featured by the Punta Gorda Historical Society as the 2012 Holiday Idea House.  She had the whole place decked out in found vintage pieces, natural greenery, white lights, poinsettias, chalkboards, pineapple, & even a few lumps of coal.  The more I looked, the more fabulous details I found, and I just love seeing how creative she is at turning salvaged pieces into works of art.  The day after the tour, she graciously opened her home again so that I could host a few photography sessions.  Between the chickens, the iced tea, and the s’mores bar, I’m pretty sure everyone who came had a great time.  She is the epitome of Southern Hospitality!

Loved the gorgeous table with all the greenery and vintage glassware.

Stacy cut all the fresh greenery herself from local sources; she used pine, cedar, palmetto, pinecones, mistletoe, and magnolia.

And just in case someone was naughty this year……a bowl of coal!

The s’mores bar was absolute perfection.

The chickens were also a huge hit with the kiddos.

Thanks for the hospitality Stacy! xoxo

What’s your holiday decorating style?  Where do you find your inspiration?

• Michelle December 14,

Love all of these pictures! So pretty!

• Barb December 14,

Wow! So beautiful. She did a great job. I love old houses so much. The photography is beautiful too!

• Sandra December 14,

Love. It. All. SO much!

• RobinG December 14,

Does she know her chalkboard says manager instead of manger? :) It’s all very beautiful!

• Stacy December 17,

No she didn’t. LOL. That many people through my house, and no one mentioned it either. You know chalkboards don’t have spell check. . . Thanks for the correction Robin G.

• Ruth December 18,

LOL :-)

• cassie December 18,

you are adorable and your home is beautiful!!! it’s so well done and i love all the thought behind it.

• Alie B December 18,

Very sweet. I smiled the entire time I looked at your photos! Merry Christmas! :-)

• Lily December 18,

Your friend has an amazing home beautifully. decorated for the season. Love the outdoor decorations

• Elizabeth@ Blue Clear Sky December 20,

Your friend’s home has so many pretty details, the kiddos are adorable and your photos are lovely. Thanks for sharing.

• Taylor January 28,

I read every single blog post, and somehow I missed the very one that had our pictures! Thankfully, my husband decided to surf your blog on his own and came across the post. =) Otherwise, we would have missed it altogether! Ruth, you did an amazing job capturing these moments. Stacy’s home is soooo very lovely! Until we meet again!

• Lizzie Saito November 6,

Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures, Ruth. I love your glass figurines! Where did you buy them? I adore them right now, I buy my artistic hand blown glass figurines from antique shops, art galleries, and online like ebay and Glasslilies. Looking forward to your response! :)