Sweet & Sour Crockpot Meatballs

Sweet & Sour Crockpot Meatballs.  (aka Grape Jelly Meatballs!) Just 5 easy ingredients and 5 minutes of time, these meatballs are always the hit of any party or potluck!

Everyone needs a quick and easy “go-to” party or potluck recipe, and this one is mine!  It doesn’t matter how many of these little sweet & sour crockpot meatballs I make or how few people I am serving them to, by the end of the party the crockpot is always empty.  The best part is that they couldn’t be easier–just make sure you give them enough time to heat up completely!  This recipe is the perfect amount to fill up my 6 quart slow cooker–if your crockpot is smaller you will have to adjust accordingly.

sweet & sour crockpot meatballs recipe

Here is what you need:

3-12 ounce  bottles chili sauce
1-32 ounce jar of grape jelly
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 6 pound bag of frozen meatballs

Sweet & Sour Crockpot Meatballs

Step 1: Add chili sauce, grape jelly, Worcestshire sauce, & pepper to cold crockpot.

Step 2:  Whisk mixture until smooth.

Step 3: Pour in frozen meatballs and gently stir until all meatballs are coated in sauce.

Step 4:  Turn crockpot on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.  (We prefer the low heat longer cooking option!)  Be sure to stir meatballs occasionally, if possible.  Serve with toothpicks and watch them disappear!

What’s your favorite go-to party or potluck recipe?

• Amanda July 17,

YUM! Sweet & Sour meatballs are my fav! Can’t wait to try these!

• Ruth Soukup July 18,

Let me know what you think Amanda! :-)

• Hannah Bouchoucha July 17,

Hum this looks so Yummy! I love these, thanks for the recipe!

• Ruth Soukup July 18,

You’re welcome! :-)

• Janet July 17,

These look delicious but I thought you were a vegetarian?

• Ruth Soukup July 18,

Yes, Janet, I am vegetarian but my husband & kids eat meat so I cook both. :-)

• Amanda Firestone July 17,

These sound really good and really easy. Thanks for sharing!

• Sara July 17,

My husband scoffed when I wanted to make these for a party we had, and they were DEVOURED. Haha!

• Ruth Soukup July 18,

LOL Sara, yes we have found that it doesn’t matter how many we make or how few people are coming, they ALWAYS get eaten!

• Carla July 18,

looks Yummy! I want!

• Jenna July 19,

This is the recipe my mom has been making my entire life, and you are right, Ruth. They always seem to be devoured and she gets frequent requests for her recipe.

• Lizy @ http://justdipitinchocolate.blogspot.com/ July 21,

We have meatballs every week Ruth and I think the kids will enjoy this combination or flavors with the sweet and sour! My hubs usually put grape jelly on his grilled cheese sandwich I guess I just found another use for that big ol jar!

• Kelly Turner August 26,

How many ounces of chile sauce in total and if I make ahead how long to heat up – on low or warm?

• Ruth Soukup November 20,

The chili sauce comes in 12 ounce bottles, so 36 ounces total. I’ve never tried making & then reheating in a crockpot, so I’m not sure. Probably a couple of hours if you are heating from chilled.

• Sandi October 10,

Will try this for tomorrow’s tailgate with my fellow teachers. Hope it’s as good as all the comments. Sounds like it!!

• Anika October 24,

Made these for my daughter’s soccer banquet tonight… BEST meatballs EVER!!! Thank you!!!

• Debbie November 6,

Could I get the total ounces on the chili sauce and the grape jelly? I’d love to make these this weekend! Thanks!

• Ruth Soukup November 20,

I updated the post, but the chili sauce comes in 12 ounce bottles, so 36 ounces total, and I used a 32 ounce jar of grape jelly. Hope that helps!

• kat November 7,

I also would appreciate knowing the total ounces on the chili sauce and the grape jelly. I’d love to try this but I want to be sure to get my proportions right. Can anyone help?

• Ruth Soukup November 20,

36 ounces of chili sauce (12 ounces per jar) and 32 ounces of grape jelly. Hope that helps!

• Jo-Anne November 12,

Can you put frozen non-cooked meatballs in or do they need to be cooked first. I assume from your picture are the amounts of jelly and chill sauce. Please let me know . Thanks

• Ruth Soukup November 20,

I use frozen pre-cooked meatballs–not sure what the cooking time would be for uncooked. I updated the recipe with the exact ounces for the jelly and chili sauce!

• khadija December 1,

i want to make meatballs at home ( i don’t want to use frozen cooked ones).can u send me the recipe of meatballs too.
    thanks an anticipation.

• Darlene December 15,

Would like to make the Sweet & Sour Crockpot Meatballs. How would I adjust the recipe if using only 5lbs of frozen meatballs in 5lb. crockpot?

• Anonymous December 28,

Read this first!!!! Leave out the Worcestershire!!! It made them entirely TOO SALTY!!!

• Anonymous January 4,

The Lea and Perrin Worcestershire sauce wasn’t too salty. I was asked to make these and I have never made them before so I appreciate the ease of the recipe. Another thing, I scoffed at using grape jelly in a recipe but it worked. Thank you.

• Jordana Robart March 16,

How do I adjust the ingredients if I only have 4 lbs of meatballs?

• Mary C May 25,

These were perfect and easy! Thank you.

• Meghan August 25,

Are these spicy at all?

• blog sites August 26,

I really like reading through an article that can make men and women think.

Also, many thanks for allowing for me to comment!

• Terri September 12,

has anyone ever made these the night before and then reheated the next day to serve?

• Niecey September 13,

I like to heat the meatballs first because the sauce can be very greasy. I heat the meatballs in the crock, rinse them in a strainer with hot water, pour out excess oil from crock, add sauce ingredients and then deposit rinsed meatballs back on crock. I find it much more palatable and easier on my tummy.

• Leah September 18,

Nice tip, never thought of that. Thanks!

• social media london September 21,

Excellent blog here! Also your site loads up fast!
    What host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host?
    I wish my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol

• Anonymous October 24,

Do you think you half this recipe. 6 lbs. of meatballs is a lot for the function I am attending.