Thrifty Thursday {Week 29}

Thrifty Thursday Linky Party at LivingWellSpendingLess.com!

Happy happy Thrifty Thursday!  I have to start out with a HUGE thank you to ALL of you!  As most of you know, yesterday I launched my brand new eBook, How to Blog for Profit (Without Selling Your Soul).  After putting so much time and effort into writing it, I was SO incredibly terrified to share it with the world.  Yesterday morning I seriously was a nervous wreck!

And then something incredible happened!

People–you –were interested and you bought it and started talking about it and sharing it with your friends and by the end of the day, my little book had made it to the Amazon Top 100 Bestsellers List.  Then this morning I woke up to find it was #16.  SIXTEEN!  You guys!

I can’t even tell you how grateful and overwhelmed and completely humbled I am by the response and by all your support.  You are amazing.  And awesome.  So thank you.  Truly, thank you.

How to Blog for Profit (Without Selling Your Soul)  If you have ever thought about blogging, you MUST read this book!  Everything you need to know about creating awesome content and images, growing traffic, and monetizing your blog.

And by the way, as of 8:45 this morning it is still showing up as $0.99 even though the price is supposed to be going back up to $4.99 today.  If you haven’t grabbed it yet, but want to, be sure to do it quickly!

Here are the most clicked links from last week

Thrifty Thursday Week 28 Top Ten

1. An Inviting Home {Laundry for a Family of Seven in Less than an Hour per Week}
2. The Domestic Lady {Retail Therapy: What is Worth Buying at IKEA}
3. Moms are Frugal {The $20 Challenge}
4. Passionate Penny Pincher {Frugal Fall Decorating Ideas}
5. Frugality Gal {Menu Planning on a Budget}
6. The Seasoned Homemaker {Choosing Lesser Things}
7. Graceful Little Honey Bee {Whole Foods on a Budget}
8. Snails Pace Transformation {Make Your Own Inexpensive Gratitude Journal}
9. Detours in Life {Framed Recipe Card}
10. Kathe with an E {Welcome to our New Home}

Never linked up to a party before? Here’s how:

1. Scroll down, find the little blue “Add your Link” Button and click on that.
  2. Follow the instructions on the next page – add a great image of your project and an interesting title. Make sure you link to the direct page of your budget friendly post – not the main page of your blog!
  3. Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by!
  4. Finally, please link back to this post somehow. There are badges available here; a simple text link is just fine too.

That’s it! Feel free to tweet about Thrifty Thursday so others can join the fun, and don’t forget to check back here Sunday morning to see which posts have been featured this week!

Pin It

• Angela September 26,

Thanks so much for the party Ruth and congrats on your book! I’m so happy that your book is doing well. :) Have a wonderful weekend!

• Cathey September 26,

Thank you for hosting again Ruth! I just bought your ebook yesterday and am about a third of the way though. I’m loving it so far! Busy making lists, schedules, and more, and can’t wait to finish it. Wonderful job, and congratulations on being #16! I’m sure it will only go up from there!

• Sarah @ An Inviting Home September 26,

Ruth,

Congratulations on the success of the book! It will be a great resource for so many…I loved it!

~Sarah

• Ruth Soukup September 27,

Thank you Sarah!

• Elizabeth M. September 26,

Thank you again for hosting a fantastic link party!
    Elizabeth M.

• Janine September 26,

The book was awesome and I have already started implementing some of the tips in my blog.

• Bonnie @ The Pin Junkie September 26,

Congratulations on your new book doing so well at Amazon! That is so exciting! I purchased the book and read through the whole thing right away. It’s full of practical, useful information. I’m sure I will be referring back to it from time to time. I’ve already started putting some of your advise into practice and I’m seeing results. Thanks for sharing your experience and advice in this informative book!

• Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes September 26,

Thanks for the party :)

• Gina September 26,

Congrats Ruth- when I read it I knew it would be a best seller. So happy for you!!!

• Ruth Soukup September 27,

Oh you are so sweet Gina! Thank you!

• Clare September 26,

Thanks for hosting this-it has really helped to motivate me to have a post ready by Thursday so I can link up. I purchased the book, and I am excited to where it takes me!

• Diana Rambles September 26,

Thanks for hosting!

• KC @ The Real Thing with the Coake Family September 26,

That is so awesome that your book is doing so well! I’m so excited for you. I started reading it yesterday and I’m loving the info. and as always, your writing is fantastic.
    Thanks so much for hosting.
    KC

• Felissa (Two Little Cavaliers) September 26,

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us through your book. I have been working my way through it since I purchased it. I am excited to finally see how to put a content calendar into action and cannot wait to actually have my posts laid out weeks and months in advance. Thank you. I know your e-book will help me take Two Little Cavaliers to the next level.

• Sandi of A New York Foodie September 26,

thanks for hosting!

• Leslie R. September 26,

Ruth, Wow, my post on Choosing Lesser Things made #6. Thanks for the feature ~ AND YOUR BOOK IS AWESOME ~ I read it through twice! Thank you for letting me be an early reviewer ~ I’ve told a ton of people about it.

• Jazmin @ Frugality Gal September 26,

It’s so exciting to be featured (I’m link #5 – the one about meal planning on a budget)!

I just want to say that I bought Ruth’s book yesterday and read it “cover to cover” in one night. She provides a goldmine of information and provides real, actionable steps for monetizing your blog. I HIGHLY recommend purchasing it, especially if you’re still able to get it at $0.99. It is worth 20 times the price.

• Raven September 26,

Thank you for hosting such a great link party!

Raven J. True Blue Baking

• Kristen @ Joyfullythriving September 27,

Congrats on the wonderful success of your ebook so far! That is certainly a memorable day. 16 on the Amazon list? Incredible! My life has been a bit busy to join your link-ups on Thursdays recently (and will be through October with the upcoming 31 Days series) but I love seeing what you share…and will link up again! :-)

• Ruth Soukup September 27,

Thank you Kristen! Excited to see your 31 days series! :-)

• marlin September 27,

thanks for hosting Ruth ! And congratulations for your new book !!
    best,
    marlin

• Diane September 30,

Thanks for this link up! So much fun to discover new blogs!

• how to get Muscles November 26,

The other day, while I was at work, my cousin stole my apple
    ipad and tested to see if it can survive a forty foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation.
    My apple ipad is now destroyed and she has 83
    views. I know this is completely off topic but I had to share
    it with someone!