Thrifty Thursday {Week 44}

Thrifty Thursday Linky Party at LivingWellSpendingLess.com!

Happy Thursday!  I hope you are all having a great week!  I had someone ask a few days ago how I decide which posts to feature on Sunday’s Weekend Wandering post, which I thought was a really great question.  I do try to pick a nice variety of posts each week, and I want to feature as many different blogs as I can.  That said,I definitely have a few general guidelines that I follow.  If you  haven’t been featured yet, you may want to make sure the post you are submitting has the following:

• A great photo.  The thumbnail photo that I see here on Thrifty Thursday is what I use to determine whether to click on the article or not.  Thus, it has to be eye-catching!
  • A interesting description.  There is only so much you can say in 50 letters, but the more compelling, the more likely I am to check it out.
  • Seasonally appropriate.  I probably won’t feature a Christmas post in July, even if it is a great idea.  Right now I am loving Valentine’s day posts, but come February 15th, I’ll be on to St. Patrick’s Day & Spring.
  • Original content. I won’t knowingly feature a post that is a copycat of another blog.  I also don’t generally feature roundup posts.

Hopefully that helps just a little!  The great news is that following those guidelines will probably make other readers more likely to click on your link, resulting in more traffic for you!

Here are the most clicked links from last week:

Thrifty Thursday Week 44

1. From This Kitchen Table {How to Go From Surviving to Thriving}
2. Snail Pace Transformations {Ten Ways thrifty People Save Money on Groceries}
3. Whole Food Mom on a Budget {Making it Through No Spend January}
4. Creative Savings {More Than Books: The Best Kept Secret in Your Town}
5. Prairie Girl to Southern Belle {A Cleaning Schedule That Works}
6. Mortiz Fine Designs {Simple Yearly Cleaning Check-Lists}
7. Cathey With an E {Saturday’s Seven-DIY Closet Organization and Storage}
8. Mission: to Save {Realistic Stockpiling Tips}
9. Frugality Gal {14 Frugal Kitchen Organizing Ideas}
10. Graceful Little Honey Bee {Filling The Freezer on a Budget}

Never linked up to a party before? Here’s how:

1. Scroll down, find the little blue “Add your Link” Button and click on that.
  2. Follow the instructions on the next page – add a great image of your project and an interesting title. Make sure you link to the direct page of your budget friendly post – not the main page of your blog!
  3. Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by!
  4. Please link back to this post somehow. There are badges available here; a simple text link is just fine too.

How to Blog for Profit (Without Selling Your Soul)  If you have ever thought about blogging, you MUST read this book!  Everything you need to know about creating awesome content and images, growing traffic, and monetizing your blog.Feel free to tweet about Thrifty Thursday so others can join the fun, and don’t forget to check back here Sunday morning to see which posts have been featured this week!

Finally, if this is your first time here I also invite you to check out my eBook, How to Blog for Profit (Without Selling Your Soul).  It has more than 100 five-star reviews on Amazon, and it is an awesome resource if you are interested in building your blog, getting more traffic, or learning how to monetize.

• Raven @ True Blue Baking January 23,

Thank you Ruth for hosting another great link party. I look forward to it every week!

Raven J. True Blue Baking

• Jessica January 23,

Thank you Ruth!

• Mary from Mission: to Save January 23,

Thanks for another great week Ruth! (and for the tip 10 mention of my Realistic Stockpiling post!). I’m sharing a chili recipe to warm you up today! (also great for the big game!)

• Amy@TheBlissfulBee January 23,

Thank you so much for hosting, Ruth!! I enjoy coming to this party every week:)

xo, amy

• Kristia {Family Balance Sheet} January 23,

Thanks for the linky! Have a great weekend.

• Alyssa January 23,

Ruth! I NEED your ebook…I am going to convince my hubs to let me download it on his Kindle but is there any other way to access it other than the Kindle?! I am SO excited to start reading it I just devoured the “see more” on Amazon. You have thoroughly inspired me and have made me channel the blogger inside of me that I KNOW has amazing potential! <3 <3 Thank you!!!

• Gina January 23,

Happy Thursday party time Ruth – hope you have had a wonderful week.

• Debra @ MsMoozys Open House January 23,

Thank you for hosting, have a great day. :-)

• Sandi @ A New York Foodie January 23,

Thanks for hosting Ruth and I hope you have a great day! :)

• Nici January 23,

Thanks so much for hosting, Ruth! Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week.
    Blessings,
    Nici

• Kat Ryan January 23,

Thank you so much for hosting another great party!!

• KC @ The Real Thing with the Coake Family January 23,

Thanks so much for hosting! Hope you are having a great week.
    KC

• Heather @ My Mothermode January 23,

Love the linky you have going here. I’m sharing “When the paycheck stops”: 7 tips when faced with a sudden halt to the income. Happy Thrifty Thursday, everyone!

• office Decoration January 23,

A desk with a small footprint and an overhead storage area
    lets you have everything you need at your fingertips, but hidden.
    As a design focused company, it is refreshing to find “mashable” delivering ‘Design Tips from Experts’
    that closely resemble our own thinking. Invest in a high-quality, ergonomically-correct chair.

• Julie@couponcrazygirl.com January 23,

Thanks so much for hosting! I love spending Thursday nights looking at all the links.

• Tasha @ Designer Trapped in a Lawyer's Body January 23,

Thanks so much for the party, Ruth!

• vickie January 24,

Thanks Ruth for featuring me. So much fun coming over each week and getting great ideas!

• Free online strategy war games September 28,

The evidence for Robert Kennedy’s assassination is also conclusive of government complicity with likely motive to suppress war dissent.

Lord of the Rings: War in the Northis one of those sad cases of wasted potential
    that you can enjoy for a time. Whatever benefit
    that opportunity brings depends solely on the person experiencing it and whether
    they are open to it.

• online games October 1,

I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.
    The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command
    get got an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following.
    unwell unquestionably come further formerly again since exactly
    the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield
    this hike.