RECENT BLOG POSTS

Thrifty Thursday {Week 57}

Thrifty Thursday Square

Happy Thursday!  I hope you are all having a great week!  This is the only week this month I don’t have a trip schedule which means that I have been working like crazy to get ahead!  After attending the Launch conference a few weeks ago I have so many new ideas that I want to get started on.  The hardest part is just finding enough time to get it all done and still make enough time for my family as well.  I have found that waking up early is what works best for me, so this week I have been up at 4am every day!  Are you an early riser too?  What other ways do you successfully juggle blogging with taking care of your family?

One of the projects I have been working on is a fairly major update to my blogging book, How to Blog for Profit (Without Selling Your Soul).  If you have already bought the book you will be able to get the update from Amazon for free when it is ready.   If you have not bought it yet, you may want to grab it now while it is still only $4.99, as the price will be going up at that time!  The updated version will have even more helpful info about building traffic, social media marketing, and more ideas for monetization.  There will also be a whole new chapter full of essential info on turning your blog into a business!

PicMonkey Collage

Here are the most clicked links from last week:

1. The Latina Homemaker {5 Habits That are Sabotaging Your Budget}
2. Snail Pace Transformations {101 Blogs Thrifty People Read}
3. Letters from Sunnybrook { I Don’t Deserve a Nice Kitchen}
4. Saving the Family Money{7 Ways to Save the Family Money When Eating Out}
5. Pulling Curls {Floors So Clean You Could Eat Off Them}
6. Six Figures Under {No-Spend Month Menu}
7. Singing Honey Bee {Saving at a Discount Grocery Store}
8.An Inviting Home{Why I’m Not a Full-Time Blogger}
9. The Coupon Challenge { Simple Household Money Saving Tips}
10. Creative Savings {3 Simple Ways to Maintain Your Monthly Budget}

Never linked up before? Here’s how:

1. Scroll down, find the little blue “Add your Link” Button and click on that.
  2. Follow the instructions on the next page – add a great image of your project and an interesting title. Make sure you link to the direct page of your budget friendly post – not the main page of your blog!
  3. Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by!
  4. Please link back to this post somehow. There are badges available here; a simple text link is just fine too.

How to Blog for Profit (Without Selling Your Soul)  If you have ever thought about blogging, you MUST read this book!  Everything you need to know about creating awesome content and images, growing traffic, and monetizing your blog.Feel free to tweet about Thrifty Thursday so others can join the fun, and don’t forget to check back here Sunday morning to see which posts have been featured this week at Weekend Wandering!

If this is your first time here I also invite you to check out my eBook, How to Blog for Profit (Without Selling Your Soul).  It is a fantastic resource if you are interested in building your blog, getting more traffic, or learning how to monetize.  Or, if you have read the book and are still looking to take your blog to the next level, I encourage you to check out my options for one-on-one blog consulting.

54 Comments

1. April 24 at 09:05AM

I’ve been trying to get up by 5:30 to work on my blog. I’m an early morning person in the warmer weather when there is light, but during the winter months I like to hibernate and it is hard for me to leave my warm bed.

I can’t wait to read our book updates. The first version was so well written and packed with helpful information.

Thanks for hosting the linky!

2. April 24 at 09:05AM

Thanks for another great week of tips! I am linking up my list of Free Summer Reading Programs. Summer will be here before we know it!

3. April 24 at 09:06AM

Thanks for hosting! Looking forward to the updated version of your book. For anyone who still doesn’t own this book I highly recommend it. A wealth of information for any blogger looking to seriously grow their blog. Oh and I consider myself a semi-early riser, if there is such a thing. 🙂

4. April 24 at 09:07AM

I’m an early riser, too. If I get up at 4 am, I can get in 2 solid hours before I take a break to take care of the kids.
    I can’t wait to read the updated version of your book. I reread it every so often for fresh inspiration, and have recommended to my blogger friends.

• April 24 at 10:00AM

I am so impressed with you 4 AM-ers! That extra time would be amazing, but I am such a sleepy-head. I think I will try ditching my alarm clock remote so that I have to walk over to the alarm clock on the dresser to hit ‘snooze’.

• April 24 at 03:52PM

My dh first got me into the habit since he would get up early to work from home. He’s an engineer and gets tons of interruptions at the office. It’s actually fun. We put on Pandora radio while we work.

Sometimes I sleep in to 5 am. I figure I just need extra sleep that morning, and don’t sweat it. I’m training for a half marathon which can be tiring the day after my long run days. 🙂

5. April 24 at 09:18AM

Thanks so much for hosting. I enjoying sharing here but I enjoy the great ideas I find even better. Good luck getting ahead I personally cant ever seem to even get caught up. Looking forward to checking out the links more later tonight.

6. April 24 at 09:18AM

Thank you for hosting Ruth!

7. Yay, I’m excited for the update! I loved reading your book and can’t wait to see what you add to it. I am currently working on lots of new recipes so I am trying to juggle cooking and getting it all photographed while there is still nice light outside! 🙂 It is super hard to juggle with two little boys, so I wind up doing more work on the weekend when my husband is home. Not ideal, but working really late at night doesn’t help with photography.

8. April 24 at 09:39AM

Thanks for featuring my post “I Don’t Deserve a Nice Kitchen.” I enjoy sharing my ideas and stories with your wonderful readers.

I’m excited about your book update as well! I read your book in the first week of blogging and it really helped me get off to a great start. 😀

9. April 24 at 09:49AM

I want to be an early riser. I’m naturally a night person though. I am working on it though. Thursday is the day that I make sure I’m up before 6, so that I can join this link party. Today I was up 15 minutes late though.

I’m excited to read more from you! I was just thinking last night that I should go back and re-read your book. I read it when I first started my blog about 6 months ago. I’m sure different thinks would stand out to me now that I’ve got my feet wet! 🙂

10. April 24 at 09:53AM

You are definitely right Ruth, early morning is the key for me too! Late nights leave me tired and grumpy the next day. Hope you enjoy your week. Thanks for the link up!!

11. April 24 at 09:56AM

Thanks for sharing my Household Money Saving Tips!

12. April 24 at 10:06AM

Ruth-thank you once again for hosting a beautiful party! I have learned so much from the awesome tips shared, stories told, and recipes drooled over! Thank you 🙂
    Cathy

13. OMG! 4 am sounds positively awful to me… more power to you that you can do it. I’m sure you can get a ton done. I might stay up until 2am…so I almost meet you that way. hehe! Can’t wait to see the revisions to the already excellent book. Thanks for hosting.
    KC

14. April 24 at 10:10AM

Ruth….you are one busy gal!! I’m like you…getting up early pays huge dividends. Even bigger if I take the time to put God’s time first in that early morning schedule. I don’t know what he does…but some days it’s as if he slows down time and I accomplish tons. Looking forward to seeing updates on the book, too. 😉 Hope your week is super productive and filled with family memory making.

15. April 24 at 10:36AM

Early rising is for the birds! I am a night owl through and through, although I did have to get up early last weekend for some stuff and was amazed at everything else I accomplished. Maybe I should work on making that a better habit.

Successfully, juggling family and a blog is pretty easy. I tell the dogs to go lay down, the kitten attacks my feet and my husband can entertain himself! I don’t have kids, so I have it easier than moms in that department for sure!

16. April 24 at 10:37AM

Thanks for another great party 🙂 Have a great weekend!

17. April 24 at 11:19AM

Thanks for hosting the link up!! This is my fist time participating in one so hopefully I did it correctly. I bought your book about a month and a half ago when I decided to start a blog and I think I have read it cover to cover 3 or 4 times now, I can’t wait for the up dates!!

18. April 24 at 11:27AM

I get alot done getting up at 4am. When I sleep in (6am) I don’t get enough done. thanks for hosting another great hop

19. April 24 at 11:47AM

Thanks for the party Ruth and have a great weekend! 🙂

20. April 24 at 11:53AM

I totally agree with getting up early and getting things done, but unfortunately I’m naturally more of a night owl. My best method for getting things done: a well organized calendar and lots of lists (a bulletin board full of them, to be exact)! Helps keep me on track and it feels good to be able to cross things off as they get accomplished.

21. April 24 at 12:49PM

I love checking out what everyone else is up to each week! Thank you for hosting the link up!

22. April 24 at 02:26PM

Hi! I’m so glad I came across your blog and this lovely link up! I’ve been looking for a good Thursday link up party (since I’m kind of obsessed and have one for every other weekday). I now follow you on Google+. If you have the time, follow back maybe? The post I shared was a butterfly window treatment for under $20. If you’re not too busy, I would love for you to check it out. 🙂 Thanks a bunch!

23. April 24 at 04:02PM

Thanks for the fantastic tips. I bought your book a few weeks ago and have already ready it completely through twice and then ‘spot’ read it here and there for specific things that are relevant to me right now as I move forward into building my blog. I’m excited for the updates…and I’m excited to spend even more time browsing through all the great tips on your link party today.

24. April 24 at 09:02PM

Thanks for the party Ruth and have a great weekend!

Raven J. True Blue Baking

25. May 1 at 10:47AM

Thank you for sharing my link to shopping at a discount grocery store! And thank for for the link up too! Love your site!

26. July 3 at 05:49AM

Thanks for finally talking about >Thrifty Thursday Link Party | Link
    Up Your Budget Friendly Blog Posts <Loved it!