THE WAIT IS OVER!
Do it Scared® is finally here! Get the game-changing book everyone is talking about, plus get more than $50 in book bonuses when you order now.
Everybody needs a go-to dessert and I’m pretty sure I just found mine! This oh-so-easy ice cream cake comes together so fast it can hardly even be called a recipe, and yet the pretty stripes make it an impressive showstopper. Because the only thing better than a delicious dessert that only takes minutes to throw together is one that LOOKS like it took all day!
Great family meals don’t have to be complicated. This mini cookbook serves up 10 easy meals, each only requiring 5 ingredients or less
For this version I used chocolate chip mint ice-cream and layered it twice, but if you wanted to get even fancier you could do two different flavors of ice-cream. The mint was a great combo with the Oreos but I’m sure you could substitute your own favorite flavors with just as much success. I used my silicone loaf pan which made the cake pop right out, but as long as you line the pan with foil you should be good with a standard loaf pan as well.
Here is what you need:10 ice cream sandwiches 1-2 flavors of ice cream, slightly softened 12 Oreo cookies, finely crushed Magic Shell ice cream topping
Step 1: Line a 9×5″ loaf pan with heavy foil, letting it hang over on each side.
Step 2: Fit 5 sandwiches on bottom of pan. They should be snug.
Step 3: Spread layer of ice cream over-top of sandwiches, about 1-1 1/2″ thick.
Step 4: Fit remaining 5 sandwiches over ice-cream.
Step 5: Spread 2nd layer of ice cream over sandwiches.
Step 6: Cover ice-cream with crushed Oreo cookies.
Step 7: Cover with foil or plastic wrap and freeze until set, at least 2 hours or overnight.
Step 8: To serve, invert cake onto plate or platter. Cover top with Magic Shell & cut into slices.
5-MINUTE ICE CREAM CAKE
This oh-so-easy ice cream cake can be made in minutes and with any flavors you wish!
- 10 ice cream sandwiches
- 1-2 flavors of ice cream slightly softened
- 12 Oreo cookies finely crushed
- Magic Shell ice cream topping
- Line a 9×5″ loaf pan with heavy foil, letting it hang over on each side.
- Fit 5 sandwiches on bottom of pan. They should be snug.
- Spread layer of ice cream over-top of sandwiches, about 1-1 1/2″ thick.
- Fit remaining 5 sandwiches over ice-cream.
- Spread 2nd layer of ice cream over sandwiches.
- Cover ice-cream with crushed Oreo cookies.
- Cover with saran wrap and freeze until set, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, invert cake onto plate or platter. Cover top with Magic Shell & cut into slices.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s). Chill time: 2 hours. Number of servings (yield): 12.