THE WAIT IS OVER!
Ready to finally create the life you’ve always dreamed of? Do it Scared is now available everywhere. Get the game-changing book everyone is talking about and discover the courage to face your fears head on.
My personal theory is that you can never have too many quick & easy freezer meals ready to go, especially ones that use budget-friendly chicken! This juicy, flavorful sweet & spicy Chinese chicken was a huge hit with both my husband AND kids; in fact, my five year old, after cleaning her plate in about 2 minutes flat, went on and on in her little accent about how it was so yummy and she wanted “mo” and it was the best dinner “evoh.” So there you go.
Freezer meals are fast, easy, and a great way to get a hot, delicious meal on the table on weeknights when cooking isn’t number one on your massive to-do list. Get started and see just how easy freezer cooking can be!
To make it as part of a freezer cooking day, just split the sauce & chicken into multiple bags, then throw it right into the freezer–no cooking required! Making it ahead of time is not necessary, though, as it is equally delicious just marinated at room temperature.
You can use any type of chicken but my family much prefers the boneless, skinless chicken thighs, which are a darker, juicier meat and also tend to be cheaper than the boneless skinless breasts.
Here is what you need:
2 bunches green onions 1/4 cup olive oil 1 tablespoon minced garlic 12 oz pineapple juice 1/4 cup chili sauce with garlic 1/4 cup cider vinegar 1/4 cup brown sugar 2 tablespoons soy sauce 3-4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
Step 1: Chop green onion; set aside.
Step 2: In large bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, pineapple juice, chili sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, green onions and soy sauce.
Step 3: Divide chicken into two gallon size freezer bags (be sure to label bags first!)
Step 4: Divide sauce into bags over top of chicken. Freeze until needed.
Step 5: Thaw; pour contents into slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours, or place in casserole dish and bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Serve over cooked rice.
Sweet & Spicy Chinese Chicken
- 2 bunches green onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 12 oz pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3-4 pounds boneless skinless chicken
- Chop green onion; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, pineapple juice, chili sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, green onions and soy sauce.
- Divide chicken into two gallon size freezer bags (be sure to label bags first!)
- Divide sauce into bags over top of chicken. Freeze until needed.
- Thaw; pour contents into slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours, or place in casserole dish and bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Serve over cooked rice.