This deliciously simple browned butter pasta with peas whips up in less than 20 minutes using just 5 easy ingredients you probably already have on hand!
I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not really a foodie. Don’t get me wrong, I love food, and I don’t mind cooking, but most of the time, in the midst of a busy day/week/month/year, I just want food that tastes good, whips up fast, doesn’t use a ton of dishes and does use the pantry staples I already have on hand.
This simple browned butter pasta with peas definitely fits the bill! With just five super easy ingredients (that you probably already have on hand) it comes together in just 20 minutes for an effortless, budget-friendly meal your whole family will love! (And if your family needs a little meat, you could always throw in some cooked turkey or ham!)
Browned Butter Pasta with Peas
Here is what you need:4 TBSP butter 1 14oz bag frozen peas 1 box bow tie pasta 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded 2 TBSP olive oil salt & pepper, to taste (optional)
Step 1: Boil water, then add pasta and cook till al dente.
Step 2: While pasta is cooking, heat large sauce pan over med-high heat and melt the 4TBSP of butter until browned.
Step 3: Add peas and olive oil to saucepan, reduce heat slightly and saute until peas are heated thoroughly. Keep warm until pasta is done cooking.
Step 4: Drain pasta & return to pot. Add peas to pasta.
Step 5: Toss pasta and peas with Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Other recipes you’ll love:
- Spinach & Sausage One Pot Pasta (Easy Freezer-to-Slow Cooker Recipe!)
- Fresh Lemon & Sage Pasta
- 30 Meatless Recipes to Save You Money & Time
BROWNED BUTTER PASTA WITH PEAS
- 4 TBSP butter
- 14 oz bag frozen peas
- 1 box bow tie pasta
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- Boil water, then add pasta and cook till al dente, per box instructions
- While pasta is cooking, heat large sauce pan over med-high heat and melt the 4TBSP of butter until browned.
- Add peas and olive oil to saucepan, reduce heat slightly and saute until peas are heated thoroughly. Keep warm until pasta is done.
- Drain pasta; return to pot. Add peas to pasta.
- Toss with Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time: 3-5 minutes. Cooking time: 10-15 minute(s). Number of servings (yield): 4-6.
PIN FOR LATER
TAKE BACK CONTROL OF YOUR HOME LIFE
Ever feel like you just can't keep up? Our Living Well Starter Guide will show you how to start streamlining your life in just 3 simple steps. It's a game changer--get it free for a limited time!
If you love this resource, be sure to check out our digital library of helpful tools and resources for cleaning faster, taking control of your budget, organizing your schedule, and getting food on the table easier than ever before.