Looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe? This creamy Italian chicken is a great freezer meal your entire family will love!
For the past few months I have been on a mission to create easy foolproof freezer meals that my family loves. Quite honestly, for me this is no small task–as a vegetarian I have never been all that confident about cooking meat.
But since meat is apparently my entire family’s love language, I have pressed on. Not every dish is a hit–I don’t usually share the failures–but this super easy creamy Italian chicken was an absolute home run! In fact, my oldest daughter called it the yummiest thing I have ever made. Not bad for a dish with just six easy ingredients and 5 minutes of prep!
5 Ingredient Creamy Italian Chicken
Here is what you need:1 16oz bottle Italian salad dressing (about 2 cups) 1 package Italian salad dressing mix 2 8oz packages cream cheese, softened 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup 3-4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
Step 1: In large bowl, whisk together Italian dressing, dressing mix, cream cheese, and cream of chicken soup until smooth.
Step 2: Divide cream cheese mixture into 2 gallon-size freezer bags. (Be sure to label bags first!)
Step 3: Divide chicken into bags; press out air and freeze.
Step 4: Place contents into slow cooker; cook on low for 3-4 hours until chicken is cooked through. Or, if preferred, thaw and bake in shallow dish at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and broil for several minutes until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly. Serve over pasta.
Creamy Italian Chicken
- 1 16 oz bottle Italian salad dressing about 2 cups
- 1 package Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese softened
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3-4 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- shredded Parmesan cheese optional
- In large bowl, whisk together Italian dressing, dressing mix, cream cheese, and cream of chicken soup until smooth.
- Divide cream cheese mixture into 2 gallon-size freezer bags. (Be sure to label bags first!)
- Divide chicken into bags; press out air and freeze.
- Place contents into slow cooker; cook on low for 3-4 hours until chicken is cooked through. Or, if preferred, thaw and bake in shallow dish at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and broil for several minutes until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly. Serve over pasta.
Can also be cooked in slow cooker for 3-4 hours.
Want more InstantPot Recipes? Check out some of our favorites:
- Insta-Sauce (The Only Applesauce Recipe You’ll Ever Need!)
- Easy Italian Wedding Soup
- How to Make Homemade Yogurt
PIN FOR LATER
TAKE BACK CONTROL OF YOUR HOME LIFE
Ever feel like you just can't keep up? Our Living Well Starter Guide will show you how to start streamlining your life in just 3 simple steps. It's a game changer--get it free for a limited time!
If you love this resource, be sure to check out our digital library of helpful tools and resources for cleaning faster, taking control of your budget, organizing your schedule, and getting food on the table easier than ever before.
It looks really delicious thanks for the recipe.
This looks so good and simple! The perfect weeknight meal!
Definitely too much dressing. I don’t think these comments are being read or the recipe would be updated. Waste of food on our end too. I really like the other recipes though.
Hi, just letting you know I’m linking this to my post about freezer meals over at hampersandhiccups.com
Thanks for the great post!
Made this tonight for my husband, my son, and myself, and we loved it. My son is 18 months and so picky, I really struggle to get him to eat. He went to town on this! I had made him his own dinner, but he kept pointing at my bowl, so I let him try a bite, and it was clear that it was a hit with him. Thanks, Ruth!