Ready to make your dreams a reality?
Our Doing it Scared® coaching program takes you by the hand and helps you first understand yourself and exactly what’s holding you back, then helps you take clear and focused action towards achieving your biggest goals and dreams. Enrollment is open now for just five days only!
Am I the only one already drooling thinking about Thanksgiving dinner? Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays, and I am SUPER excited that this year my big brother Paul and his family will be joining us all the way from Washington State. It has been years since we’ve hosted a big family Thanksgiving at our house and I seriously can’t wait!
Great family meals don’t have to be complicated. This mini cookbook serves up 10 easy meals, each only requiring 5 ingredients or less
While I definitely want to pull out all the stops, I also want to make sure that I don’t get totally overwhelmed. Thus, this year I am focusing on simple recipes that provide all of the homemade flavor I crave with a lot less effort. And let me tell you, this super easy 5 ingredient pumpkin pie is pretty much perfect! I don’t think anything can beat the flavor of a pie made completely from scratch, with fresh roasted pumpkin and the perfect homemade pie crust to go with it. But quite frankly, who has time for all that? And while it might not top it, this “cheater” version is a very, VERY close second! Since it literally takes about 5 minutes of hands-on time, I think it is a trade-off I can live with! But don’t take my word for it–try it yourself and see!
Here is what you need:1 refrigerated rolled pie crust 1 15oz can pumpkin 1 15 oz can sweetened condensed milk 2 eggs 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
Step 1: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Unroll pie crust per package instructions; place in 9″ pie plate.
Step 2: Combine pumpkin, condensed milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until well blended, about 1 minute.
Step 3: Pour pumpkin mixture into pie crust.
Step 4: Fold over pie crust edges and crimp with fingers to make decorative edge. Cover pie crust with foil to prevent excessive browning.
Step 5: Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 35o and bake 40-50 minutes longer, until pie is set and knife comes out clean. Cool 2 hours. Serve with whipped cream.
Easy 5 Ingredient Pumpkin Pie
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1 15 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Unroll pie crust per package instructions; place in 9" pie plate.
- Combine pumpkin, condensed milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into pie crust.
- If desired, use additional pie crust to create decorative edge. Cover pie crust with foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 35o and bake 40-50 minutes longer, until pie is set and knife comes out clean. Cool 2 hours. Serve with whipped cream.
* * *
What is your favorite holiday pie?