Looking for a perfect pumpkin pie recipe? This super easy pumpkin pie comes has only five simple ingredients and is totally foolproof.
Am I the only one already drooling thinking about Thanksgiving dinner? Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays, and I am SUPER excited that this year my big brother Paul and his family will be joining us all the way from Washington State. It has been years since we’ve hosted a big family Thanksgiving at our house and I seriously can’t wait!
While I definitely want to pull out all the stops, I also want to make sure that I don’t get totally overwhelmed. Thus, this year I am focusing on simple recipes that provide all of the homemade flavor I crave with a lot less effort. And let me tell you, this super easy 5 ingredient pumpkin pie is pretty much perfect! I don’t think anything can beat the flavor of a pie made completely from scratch, with fresh roasted pumpkin and the perfect homemade pie crust to go with it. But quite frankly, who has time for all that? And while it might not top it, this “cheater” version is a very, VERY close second! Since it literally takes about 5 minutes of hands-on time, I think it is a trade-off I can live with! But don’t take my word for it–try it yourself and see!
Easy Pumpkin Pie
Here is what you need:1 refrigerated rolled pie crust 1 15oz can pumpkin 1 15 oz can sweetened condensed milk 2 eggs 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
Step 1: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Unroll pie crust per package instructions; place in 9″ pie plate.
Step 2: Combine pumpkin, condensed milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until well blended, about 1 minute.
Step 3: Pour pumpkin mixture into pie crust.
Step 4: Fold over pie crust edges and crimp with fingers to make decorative edge. Cover pie crust with foil to prevent excessive browning.
Step 5: Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 35o and bake 40-50 minutes longer, until pie is set and knife comes out clean. Cool 2 hours. Serve with whipped cream.
Easy 5 Ingredient Pumpkin Pie
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1 15 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Unroll pie crust per package instructions; place in 9" pie plate.
- Combine pumpkin, condensed milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into pie crust.
- If desired, use additional pie crust to create decorative edge. Cover pie crust with foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 35o and bake 40-50 minutes longer, until pie is set and knife comes out clean. Cool 2 hours. Serve with whipped cream.
Other recipes you’ll love:
- Sweet Potato Pie with Maple Whipped Cream
- Thanksgiving Sliders
- Stress Free Roast Turkey: The Foolproof Recipe You’ve Been Waiting For
- Best-Ever, No-Fuss Mashed Potatoes
PIN FOR LATER
* * *
What is your favorite holiday pie?
TAKE BACK CONTROL OF YOUR HOME LIFE
Ever feel like you just can't keep up? Our Living Well Starter Guide will show you how to start streamlining your life in just 3 simple steps. It's a game changer--get it free for a limited time!
If you love this resource, be sure to check out our digital library of helpful tools and resources for cleaning faster, taking control of your budget, organizing your schedule, and getting food on the table easier than ever before.