Ready to make your dreams a reality?
Our Doing it Scared® coaching program takes you by the hand and helps you first understand yourself and exactly what’s holding you back, then helps you take clear and focused action towards achieving your biggest goals and dreams. Enrollment is open now for just five days only!
* * *
I don’t know about y’all but I’m starting to get a little sick of talking–and thinking–about food! We’ve almost made it through our first week of no spending. (Can I get a little woot woot?) We’ve cleaned our pantries and brainstormed meal ideas and planned a meal swap and now we are ready to do something interesting. Something enriching. Something fun. After all, it’s the weekend right? Heck YEAH!
It is really easy to use the “it’s the weekend” excuse to spend more than you should on stuff you don’t really need. Sometimes it seems like the ONLY thing there is to do is spend money.
But not this weekend. Today your assignment is going to be to learn something new, a new useful skill or hobby or insight…..without spending a dime. Do you know how much amazing stuff is available out there for FREE? I’ve done all the work of rounding up close to FIFTY (yes 50!) cool things you can learn for absolutely free.* It is now your job to put this information to good use!
Hobbies & Games
1. Learn how to sew a pillowcase dress– make a cute dress in just a few hours using just a yard of fabric.
2. Learn how to knit–watch these easy videos to finally master the technique.
3. Learn how to crochet-links & info on basic stitches, easy patterns, & helpful videos
4. Learn how to take better pictures with your iPhone-easy tips everyone should know!
5. Learn how to take better portraits–10 amazing tips
6. Learn some photography basics to improve your photographs-5 tips for taking better pictures with any camera.
7. Learn how to make homemade pickles-step-by-step tutorial….who knew it was so easy?
9. Learn how to play Bridge-20 easy steps
10. Learn how to play Canasta-I grew up playing this fun game with my family…watch out, it is addicting!
11. Learn how to play Chess-A combination of videos and written instructions.
13. Learn how to decorate with book pages-The Nester shares 20 ideas for things you can make out of old books–so cool!
14. Learn how to draw-Cool video tutorials for how to draw all sorts of things
15. Learn how to give a compliment-if sometimes you just don’t know the right thing to say
16. Learn how to remember names-10 simple tricks
17. Learn how to say you’re sorry-everyone could use a few tips on how to apologize better.
19. Learn how to make a great first impression-because you never get a second chance….
20. Learn basic ettiquite for all situations–8 basic tips all young adults (& everyone else) should know
Technology & Computers
21. Learn how to edit your photographs online-a simple tutorial for getting started with the awesomeness that is PicMonkey.
22. Learn how to start a blog-Amy Lynn Andrews will tell you everything you need to know!
23. Learn how to type faster-the one minute test is a little addicting
25. Learn how to use Pinterest to organize for the holidays (or any other event)
26. Learn how to unclog a drain-10 easy things to try
27. Learn how to build a simple hanging bookshelf–you could easily make this darling shelf out of scrap wood in the garage!
28. Learn how to start a simple vegetable garden–or start planning for one in the spring!
29. Learn how to prune a tree-check out this helpful video and never again wonder if you’re doing it right!
30. Learn how to paint a room-this step-by-step video tutorial is great!
31. Learn how to paint a piece of furniture-I met Angela last year at the Becoming Conference and was SO inspired when I saw all the cool stuff she makes out of thrift store finds. I have yet to try it, but she makes it look super easy.
32. Learn how to sew a button-something everyone should know!
33. Learn how to clean almost anything-Heather Solos is a wealth of knowledge on all things domestic!
34. Take a free online course from the University of Washington–choose from several different literature, history, & life skill courses. Very cool!
35. Learn how to be a better writer-Start reading Jeff Goins’ blog regularly and you will practically get better just through osmosis. Bonus: sign up for his eNewsletter and get access to his eBook too.
36. Learn basic grammar skills-Copyblogger shares 15 common grammar errors that make you look silly.
37. Learn how to shop with coupons-the Beginner’s Guide to Coupons breaks it down into easy baby steps. (Or check out my You Tube shopping videos here.)
38. Learn how to better manage your time-10 tips for getting more out of each day
39. Learn how to speed clean your house-Keep things neat & tidy in only minutes each day
40. Learn how to perform CPR–watch this video…it may help you save a life someday
41. Learn how to perform the Heimlich Maneuver-um, ditto.
42. Learn how to get started with investing-3 great tips from Debt Free Adventure
43. Learn how to drive a stick shift–this video makes me think I might actually want to try
45. Learn how to make scrambled eggs-something EVERYONE should know!
46. Learn how to be informed about what’s going on in the world–great tips if you’ve ever felt overwhelmed by current events.
47. Get prepared for the upcoming election-a non-partisan website to help you make an informed decision.
48. Learn how to negotiate-simple tips for negotiating on almost anything
49. Learn how to make pretty iced sugar cookies–impress your friends & have the perfect go-to gift, party favor, or treat for any occasion.
*Assuming you don’t run out and buy any equipment or supplies! 🙂
* * *
Which of these cool things do you think you’ll try to learn this weekend?
* * *