Ready to make your dreams a reality?
Our Doing it Scared® coaching program takes you by the hand and helps you first understand yourself and exactly what’s holding you back, then helps you take clear and focused action towards achieving your biggest goals and dreams. Enrollment is open now for just five days only!
This simple but delicious grilled chicken is one of my family’s very favorite “cheater” freezer recipes. Even my littlest, who doesn’t normally like chicken, gobbles it up like she has never seen food before. I like it because it is ridiculously easy and makes almost no mess. My husband likes it because it involves the grill, which he would happily cook with every single night if he could.
Freezer meals are fast, easy, and a great way to get a hot, delicious meal on the table on weeknights when cooking isn’t number one on your massive to-do list. Get started and see just how easy freezer cooking can be!
To make it as part of a freezer cooking day, just double or triple the recipe, split the marinade & chicken into multiple bags, then throw it right into the freezer–no cooking required! Making it ahead of time is not necessary, though, as it is equally delicious just marinated at room temperature
You can use any type of chicken but my family much prefers the boneless, skinless chicken thighs, which are a darker, juicier meat and also tend to be cheaper than the boneless skinless breasts.
Here is what you need:2 lemons 1 cup olive oil 8-10 cloves garlic 8 tablespoons honey 2 teaspoons seasoned salt 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional) 3.5-4 pounds boneless chicken
Step 1: Squeeze lemons to release 2/3 cup of fresh lemon juice.
Step 2: Mince or crush garlic in garlic press.
Step 3: Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, honey, minced garlic, parsley, seasoned salt, & pepper together in bowl, then divide into 2 1-gallon freezer bags. (If freezing, be sure to label bags ahead of time.)
Step 4: Marinate chicken in bag for at least 30 minutes or longer, or press out air from bag and freeze.
Step 5: Thaw if frozen. Grill 6-8 minutes per side, basting with additional marinade, if desired.
Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 2 lemon
- 1 cup olive oil
- 8-10 cloves garlic
- 8 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- 3.5-4 pounds boneless skinless chicken
- Squeeze lemons to release 2/3 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Mince or crush garlic in garlic press.
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, honey, minced garlic, parsley, seasoned salt, & pepper together in bowl, then divide into two 1 gallon freezer bags. (If freezing, be sure to label bags ahead of time.)
- Marinate chicken in bag for at least 30 minutes or longer, or press out air from bag and freeze.
- Thaw if frozen. Grill 6-8 minutes per side, basting with additional marinade, if desired.
You should factor in extra preparation time for marinating chicken.
* * *
What are your favorite freezer recipes?