Looking for a super easy, delicious recipe for dinner? This honey lemon garlic chicken is freezer-friendly and perfect for the grill.
This simple but delicious grilled chicken is one of my family’s very favorite “cheater” freezer recipes. Even my littlest, who doesn’t normally like chicken, gobbles it up like she has never seen food before. I like it because it is ridiculously easy and makes almost no mess. My husband likes it because it involves the grill, which he would happily cook with every single night if he could.
To make it as part of a freezer cooking day, just double or triple the recipe, split the marinade & chicken into multiple bags, then throw it right into the freezer–no cooking required! Making it ahead of time is not necessary, though, as it is equally delicious just marinated at room temperature
You can use any type of chicken but my family much prefers the boneless, skinless chicken thighs, which are a darker, juicier meat and also tend to be cheaper than the boneless skinless breasts.
Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken
Here is what you need:2 lemons 1 cup olive oil 8-10 cloves garlic 8 tablespoons honey 2 teaspoons seasoned salt 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional) 3.5-4 pounds boneless chicken
Step 1: Squeeze lemons to release 2/3 cup of fresh lemon juice.
Step 2: Mince or crush garlic in garlic press.
Step 3: Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, honey, minced garlic, parsley, seasoned salt, & pepper together in bowl, then divide into 2 1-gallon freezer bags. (If freezing, be sure to label bags ahead of time.)
Step 4: Marinate chicken in bag for at least 30 minutes or longer, or press out air from bag and freeze.
Step 5: Thaw if frozen. Grill 6-8 minutes per side, basting with additional marinade, if desired.
PIN FOR LATER
Other great recipes for the grill:
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone & Honey
- Grilled Steak Tacos
- How to Make Grilled Pizza
- Five Spice Grilled Chicken
Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 2 lemon
- 1 cup olive oil
- 8-10 cloves garlic
- 8 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- 3.5-4 pounds boneless skinless chicken
- Squeeze lemons to release 2/3 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Mince or crush garlic in garlic press.
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, honey, minced garlic, parsley, seasoned salt, & pepper together in bowl, then divide into two 1 gallon freezer bags. (If freezing, be sure to label bags ahead of time.)
- Marinate chicken in bag for at least 30 minutes or longer, or press out air from bag and freeze.
- Thaw if frozen. Grill 6-8 minutes per side, basting with additional marinade, if desired.
You should factor in extra preparation time for marinating chicken.
What are your favorite freezer recipes?
TAKE BACK CONTROL OF YOUR HOME LIFE
Ever feel like you just can't keep up? Our Living Well Starter Guide will show you how to start streamlining your life in just 3 simple steps. It's a game changer--get it free for a limited time!
If you love this resource, be sure to check out our digital library of helpful tools and resources for cleaning faster, taking control of your budget, organizing your schedule, and getting food on the table easier than ever before.