I have spent the entire day in the kitchen cooking enough meals to last our family a whole month.
I’ll tell you all about it next week.
But today I wanted to share one of my favorite vegetarian recipes. This is one that I have been tweaking for years. It is pretty darn delicious, if I do say so myself. And it is SO easy! You can make it on the stove, but I prefer throwing it all into the slow cooker and then forgetting about it for the afternoon.Here is what you need: 1 package vegetarian protein crumbles 1 onion 1 can kidney beans 1 can pinto beans 1 28oz can diced tomatoes 1 can tomato paste 2 cans Rotel tomatoes or 1 jar salsa 1 can tomato sauce 2 tbsp. chili powder 1 tsp. cumin 1/4 tsp cocoa powder 1/8 tsp cinnamon sour cream & shredded cheese (optional-for topping)
Step 1: Brown the vegetarian protein crumbles; place in slow cooker.
Step 2: Saute onions until tender; place in slow cooker.
Step 3: Drain & Rinse beans; place in slow cooker.
Step 4: Add canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, & spices to slow cooker. Mix.
Step 5: Turn on low; set timer for 4 hours and walk away.
5 Star Vegetarian Chili
- 1 package vegetarian protein crumbles
- 1 onion
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 cans Rotel tomatoes or 1 jar salsa
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 container sour cream optional-for topping
- 1 8 oz bag shredded cheddar cheese optional-for topping
- Brown the vegetarian protein crumbles; place in slow cooker.
- Saute onions until tender; place in slow cooker.
- Drain & Rinse beans; place in slow cooker.
- Add canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, & spices to slow cooker. Mix.
- Turn on low; set timer for 4 hours and walk away.
TAKE BACK CONTROL OF YOUR HOME LIFE
Ever feel like you just can't keep up? Our Living Well Starter Guide will show you how to start streamlining your life in just 3 simple steps. It's a game changer--get it free for a limited time!
If you love this resource, be sure to check out our digital library of helpful tools and resources for cleaning faster, taking control of your budget, organizing your schedule, and getting food on the table easier than ever before.