Ready to make your dreams a reality?
Our Doing it Scared® coaching program takes you by the hand and helps you first understand yourself and exactly what’s holding you back, then helps you take clear and focused action towards achieving your biggest goals and dreams. Enrollment is open now for just five days only!
This is a guest post from Sammi of Grounded & Surrounded
For many households, Tater Tot Casserole is a familiar meal. You may have grown up enjoying this main dish with your family or eating while over at a friend’s house. However, there are plenty of us that have been missing out on this delicious meal over the years. This casserole did not grace my own table as a child, but luckily my children will never say that.
Stockpiling can save us a bundle. Simply amass a small stockpile of items when they’re at “rock bottom” prices or when you find a great sale.
Find out more by opting-in below to have the Stockpile Printable sent straight to your inbox!
Tater Tot Casserole has become a much loved dinner in our home over the years. I am happy to tell you that even my husband, who grew up eating a version of this almost weekly and consequently tiring of it, was pleasantly surprised with this flavorful recipe. I have even seen him sneaking seconds when my back is turned!
This recipe uses a homemade cream sauce instead of canned soup and the entire dish contains only 10 simple ingredients. You will want to include the kids in the preparation of this meal too. They will love adding the final touch: a layer of tater tots!
Here is what you need:1 lb ground beef 1 onion, diced 2 cups milk 2 heaping Tbsp cornstarch 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce 1 tsp salt ½ tsp ground black pepper 2 (15 oz) cans green beans, drained 32 oz bag tater tots 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 400F and grease a 9×13 pan. Set aside.
Step 2: In a large pan, brown ground beef. Add diced onions to browned ground beef and sauté for 5 min or until onions are translucent.
Step 3: In a bowl, whisk together milk and cornstarch.
Step 4: Add cornstarch and milk mixture to hot pan of ground beef and onions. Stir continuously for 3-4 min or until mixture is thickened.
Step 5: Remove pan from heat and stir in Worcestershire sauce, drained green beans, shredded cheese, and salt and pepper.
Step 6: Pour mixture into greased 9×13 pan. Top with frozen tater tots.
Step 7:Bake for 20-25 min or until casserole is bubbling and tater tots are golden brown. Allow to cool for 15 minutes and serve.
Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cups milk
- 2 heaping Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 15 oz cans green beans, drained
- 32 oz bag tater tots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400F and grease a 9x13 pan. Set aside.
- In a large pan, brown ground beef. Add diced onions to browned ground beef and sauté for 5 min or until onions are translucent.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk and cornstarch.
- Add cornstarch and milk mixture to hot pan of ground beef and onions. Stir continuously for 3-4 min or until mixture is thickened.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in Worcestershire sauce, drained green beans, shredded cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into greased 9x13 pan. Top with frozen tater tots.
- Bake for 20-25 min or until casserole is bubbling and tater tots are golden brown. Allow to cool for 15 minutes and serve.
Sammi Ricke likes to keep things simple, delicious, and nutritious in her kitchen. She enjoys the challenge of finding unique ways to incorporate “just one more whole food” into every meal while leaving just enough room for life’s essentials: chocolate and peanut butter. If you are looking for “healthified” versions of your family’s favorite meals be sure to visit Sammi’s Grounded & Surrounded Blog. You can also find her on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook.