Looking for an easy comfort food dinner that your whole family will love? This simple Tater Tot Casserole is the perfect go-to comfort food recipe!
For many households, Tater Tot Casserole is a familiar meal. You may have grown up enjoying this main dish with your family or eating while over at a friend’s house. However, there are plenty of us that have been missing out on this delicious meal over the years. This casserole did not grace my own table as a child, but luckily my children will never say that.
Tater Tot Casserole has become a much loved dinner in our home over the years. I am happy to tell you that even my husband, who grew up eating a version of this almost weekly and consequently tiring of it, was pleasantly surprised with this flavorful recipe. I have even seen him sneaking seconds when my back is turned!
TAKE BACK CONTROL OF YOUR HOME LIFE
Ever feel like you just can't keep up? Our Living Well Starter Guide will show you how to start streamlining your life in just 3 simple steps. It's a game changer--get it free for a limited time!
This recipe uses a homemade cream sauce instead of canned soup and the entire dish contains only 10 simple ingredients. You will want to include the kids in the preparation of this meal too. They will love adding the final touch: a layer of tater tots!
Gluten Free Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
Here is what you need:1 lb ground beef 1 onion, diced 2 cups milk 2 heaping Tbsp cornstarch 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce 1 tsp salt ½ tsp ground black pepper 2 (15 oz) cans green beans, drained 32 oz bag tater tots 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 400F and grease a 9×13 pan. Set aside.
Step 2: In a large pan, brown ground beef. Add diced onions to browned ground beef and sauté for 5 min or until onions are translucent.
Step 3: In a bowl, whisk together milk and cornstarch.
Step 4: Add cornstarch and milk mixture to hot pan of ground beef and onions. Stir continuously for 3-4 min or until mixture is thickened.
We invite you to join more than one million subscribers in getting regular tips & advice via email. When you subscribe you'll also get access to our game-changing Living Well Starter Guide as our gift to you!
Step 5: Remove pan from heat and stir in Worcestershire sauce, drained green beans, shredded cheese, and salt and pepper.
Step 6: Pour mixture into greased 9×13 pan. Top with frozen tater tots.
Step 7:Bake for 20-25 min or until casserole is bubbling and tater tots are golden brown. Allow to cool for 15 minutes and serve.
Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cups milk
- 2 heaping Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 15 oz cans green beans, drained
- 32 oz bag tater tots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400F and grease a 9x13 pan. Set aside.
- In a large pan, brown ground beef. Add diced onions to browned ground beef and sauté for 5 min or until onions are translucent.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk and cornstarch.
- Add cornstarch and milk mixture to hot pan of ground beef and onions. Stir continuously for 3-4 min or until mixture is thickened.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in Worcestershire sauce, drained green beans, shredded cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into greased 9x13 pan. Top with frozen tater tots.
- Bake for 20-25 min or until casserole is bubbling and tater tots are golden brown. Allow to cool for 15 minutes and serve.
Want more gluten free recipes? Here are some of our favorites!
- Un-Peanut Butter Cookies
- Double Chocolate Rebel Cookies
- Garlic Butter Shrimp with Zoodles (20-Minute Keto-Friendly Recipe!)
PIN FOR LATER
READY FOR MORE?
If you love this resource, be sure to check out our digital library of helpful tools and resources for cleaning faster, taking control of your budget, organizing your schedule, and getting food on the table easier than ever before.