Craving a sweet treat that EVERYONE can enjoy? These delicious Un-Peanut Butter Cookies are gluten free, nut-free and come together quickly!
Nothing says love like a homemade cookie tucked into your child’s lunchbox.
Even so, it can be hard to find the time to bake! Not to mention the fact that as food allergies and sensitivities become more and more prevalent, schools are also becoming more strict about what treats kids are allowed to bring and share.
It’s almost enough to make a mom throw up her hands and think, “what’s the point!?”
Luckily these Un-Peanut Butter Cookies are here to save the day on all fronts! Not only are they gluten free AND nut-free, they come together in minutes using just 5 easy ingredients. And best of all, they are still DELICIOUS!
We tested several brands of peanut butter alternatives and found we liked Sneaky Chef and Wowbutter for their smooth consistency and overall taste. That said, if nuts aren’t an issue, these cookies can be made with real peanut butter too. They are incredibly quick and easy, take just a few easy ingredients, and were a unanimous hit with all our taste-testers!
Un-Peanut Butter Cookies
Here is what you need:1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter or alternative ( we used Wowbutter)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 large egg
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees; beat together sugar, peanut butter, vanilla and egg in mixing bowl.
Step 2: Then fold in mini chocolate chips.
Step 3: Use a teaspoon to scoop mixture and roll into balls.
Step 4: Then place rolled mixture on baking sheet that has parchment paper .
Step 5: Using the back of a fork press down lightly on each ball making a criss-cross pattern.
Step 6: Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Then let cool for 5 minutes.
Step 7: Enjoy as an afternoon snack or pack in your kid’s lunchbox.
Un-Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter or alternative we used Wowbutter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; beat together sugar, peanut butter, vanilla and egg in mixing bowl.
- Then fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop mixture and roll into balls.
- Then place rolled mixture on baking sheet that has parchment paper .
- Using the back of a fork press down lightly on each ball making a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Then let cool for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy as an afternoon snack or pack in your kid's lunchbox.
Serving size may vary based on size of cookie.
More tasty recipes you’ll love:
- Chewy Double Chocolate Insanity Cookies-Flourless, Gluten Free, and Delicious!
- Easy 5 Ingredient Mint Brownie Cookies
- DIY PB&J Uncrustables
- PB&J Energy Bites
PIN FOR LATER
TAKE BACK CONTROL OF YOUR HOME LIFE
Ever feel like you just can't keep up? Our Living Well Starter Guide will show you how to start streamlining your life in just 3 simple steps. It's a game changer--get it free for a limited time!
If you love this resource, be sure to check out our digital library of helpful tools and resources for cleaning faster, taking control of your budget, organizing your schedule, and getting food on the table easier than ever before.