During the dog days of summer I’m all about no-fuss recipes that practically prepare themselves. This delicious white bean chili whips up in minutes with just a few basic ingredients, is crock-pot friendly, and makes enough to feed a crowd. It also freezes beautifully which makes it the perfect recipe to include as part of a freezer cooking day, or simply divide it into bags to eat some now and save some for later!
I made it vegetarian friendly (and much lower in calories) by using vegetarian crumbles instead of beef but if your family prefers ground beef, it is delicious either way! I like serving it with some jalapeno corn bread, sour cream and cheddar cheese.
Here is what you need:1 package vegetarian protein crumbles 1 sweet onion 3 15oz cans white beans 2 15oz can fire roasted tomatoes 1 10oz bag frozen corn 2 4oz cans diced green chilies 1 16oz jar salsa verde 2 packages dry chili mix 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock 3-4 tablespoons butter
sour cream & shredded cheddar cheese (optional-for cooking day only)
Step 1: Chop onion , set aside.
Step 2: Melt butter in large saucepan. Brown the vegetarian protein crumbles in the butter; add onions if desired. Set aside (or place onions in raw)
Step 3: Rinse and drain white beans.
Step 4: Combine meat, onions, beans, corn, tomatoes, diced chilies, salsa verde, and chili mix. Add stock if needed for extra moisture.
Step 5: Divide mixture into two gallon-size freezer bags (be sure to label bags first!) Freeze until needed.
Step 6: Cook in slow-cooker for 3-4 hours on low.
Step 7: Serve with sour cream, cheddar cheese and jalapeno corn bread.
Easy White Bean Chili
- 1 package vegetarian protein crumbles
- 1 sweet onion
- 3 15 oz cans white beans
- 2 15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 10 oz bag frozen corn
- 2 4 oz cans diced green chilies
- 1 16 oz jar salsa verde
- 2 packages dry chili mix
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 3-4 tablespoons butter
- sour cream optional-for cooking day only
- shredded cheddar cheese optional-for cooking day only
- Chop onion , set aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan. Brown the vegetarian protein crumbles in the butter; add onions if desired. Set aside (or place onions in raw)
- Rinse and drain white beans.
- Combine meat, onions, beans, corn, tomatoes, diced chilies, salsa verde, and chili mix. Add stock if needed for extra moisture.
- Divide mixture into two gallon-size freezer bags (be sure to label bags first!) Freeze until needed.
- Cook in slowcooker for 3-4 hours on low.
- Serve with sour cream, cheddar cheese and jalapeno corn bread.
TAKE BACK CONTROL OF YOUR HOME LIFE
Ever feel like you just can't keep up? Our Living Well Starter Guide will show you how to start streamlining your life in just 3 simple steps. It's a game changer--get it free for a limited time!
If you love this resource, be sure to check out our digital library of helpful tools and resources for cleaning faster, taking control of your budget, organizing your schedule, and getting food on the table easier than ever before.