Everyone needs a go-to dessert recipe to keep on hand for impromptu potlucks and last-minute get-togethers, and this this simple 4-ingredient blueberry dessert is sure to be the hit of the party! It comes together fast with just a few pantry staples, which makes it an easy one to always keep the ingredients on hand.
Great family meals don’t have to be complicated. This mini cookbook serves up 10 easy meals, each only requiring 5 ingredients or less
And the best part? It tastes absolutely amazing! While it won’t win any awards for being kind to your waistline (but what dessert will, honestly?) it is moist, sweet, and packed with flavor. While our recipe calls for blueberry filling, feel free to experiment with other flavors–raspberry, cherry, or even apple would be delicious as well!
Here is what you need:2 cans blueberry pie filling 1 box yellow cake mix 2 sticks butter 1/2 gallon favorite vanilla ice cream fresh berries (optional)
Step 1: Pour pie filling into a deep 13×13 glass baking dish, mix in a little water.
Step 2: Sift cake mix over top blueberry filling.
Step 3: Cut butter sticks into cubes and place over top of cake batter. Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let sit for 5 minutes to cool.
Step 4: Scoop into bowls and serve with your favorite vanilla ice cream.
Recipe: Easy Blueberry Bake
Summary: This super simple dessert comes together in just minutes and tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen.
- 2 cans blueberry pie filling
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 gallon favorite vanilla ice cream (optional)
- fresh berries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; Pour pie filling into a deep 13×13 glass baking dish, mix in a little water.
- Sift cake mix over top blueberry filling.
- Cut butter sticks into cubes and place over top of cake batter. Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Scoop into bowls and serve with your favorite vanilla ice cream.
Cooking time: 40-45 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8-10