Searching for a delicious slow cooker recipe? This tender 5 ingredient pot roast is freezer friendly and so delicious the entire family will enjoy it!
This may sound a little odd coming from a vegetarian, but pot roast is hands down my favorite meal to make! Not only is it ridiculously easy and completely foolproof, not to mention a one-pot slow cooker meal that you can set and forget, but it always gets RAVE reviews. As in not just “oh this is yummy” good but “oh my gosh this is the best thing I’ve ever tasted” good. It is a great way to feed a crowd without much effort, and although it takes just a few minutes of hands-on time and makes the perfect weeknight meal, it also tastes special enough to serve for a holiday meal or Sunday dinner.
To make it as part of a freezer cooking day, just split the marinade & beef into multiple bags, then throw it right into the freezer–no cooking required! Making it ahead of time is not necessary, though, as it is equally delicious made the same day.
Perfect 5 Ingredient Pot Roast
Here is what you need:2 sweet onions 10 whole cloves of garlic, peeled 4 cups beef broth 4 cups red wine( or extra beef broth, if you don’t want to use wine) 2 3-4 lb chuck roast salt & pepper to taste (optional) carrots & potatoes (optional: for cooking day only)
Step 1: Peel onions and quarter into wedges.
Step 2: Whisk together broth & wine; add salt & pepper to taste (I added about ½ teaspoon of pepper & a teaspoon of salt).
Step 3: Divide chuck roasts into 2 gallon freezer size bags. (Be sure to label bags first!) Divide onion and garlic into two bags with chuck roast, then divide broth mixture over meat. Press air from bag, seal, & freeze.
Step 4: On cooking day, place frozen roast directly into crockpot. Cook on high 6-7 hours, or on low 8-9 hours. If desired, add carrots and potatoes to crockpot with about 2-3 hours of cooking time left for a full one pot meal.
5 Ingredient Pot Roast
- 2 sweet onions
- 10 whole cloves of garlic peeled
- 4 cups beef broth
- 4 cups red wine or extra beef broth, if you don't want to use wine
- 2 3-4 lb chuck roast
- salt & pepper to taste optional
- carrots & potatoes optional: for cooking day only
- Peel onions and quarter into wedges.
- Whisk together broth & wine; add salt & pepper to taste (I added about ½ teaspoon of pepper & a teaspoon of salt).
- Divide chuck roasts into 2 gallon freezer size bags. Be sure to label bags first..
- Divide onion and garlic into two bags with chuck roast.
- On cooking day, place frozen roast directly into crockpot. Cook on high 6-7 hours, or on low 8-9 hours.
- Optional! If desired, add carrots and potatoes to crockpot with about 2-3 hours of cooking time left for a full one pot meal.
Other similar articles:
PIN FOR LATER:
TAKE BACK CONTROL OF YOUR HOME LIFE
Ever feel like you just can't keep up? Our Living Well Starter Guide will show you how to start streamlining your life in just 3 simple steps. It's a game changer--get it free for a limited time!
If you love this resource, be sure to check out our digital library of helpful tools and resources for cleaning faster, taking control of your budget, organizing your schedule, and getting food on the table easier than ever before.