This quick and easy taco soup is a hearty vegetarian option that your whole family will love. Make it ahead and freeze or enjoy it tonight!
It is always good to have a few recipes that you can whip up out of the pantry staples you already have on hand. It’s even better if those recipes also happen to be freezer friendly so that you can simply throw the ingredients together in a bag and freeze them for a later, busier day. And if the recipe happens to ALSO be a family favorite that your kids and husband just love? Well then quite frankly, that’s a recipe you just can’t live without.
This quick & easy taco soup literally comes together in just 10 minutes, including the time it takes to brown the meat! It makes 8 generous servings, I will often mix it up, then cook one half and freeze the other half for later. It is also a great “cheater” recipe for a freezer cooking day!
Quick and Easy Taco Soup
Here is what you need:1 pound ground beef or vegetarian crumbles 15 oz. can pinto beans 15 oz can kidney beans 15oz can black beans 2 15oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes 1 8oz can tomato sauce 1 cup water 2 packets taco seasoning 1 16oz bag frozen corn 1 cup diced onion sour cream (optional)
Step 1: Brown ground beef; set aside.
Step 2: Drain & rinse pinto, kidney, & black beans; pour into pot large bowl (if freezing) or large pot (if cooking immediately).
Step 3: Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, & water to beans; mix well.
Step 4: Add taco seasoning; mix well.
Step 5: Add corn and onion; mix well.
Step 6: Add beef; mix well.
Step 7: If freezing, divide mixture into 2 labeled gallon size freezer bags and freeze. To cook: Thaw if frozen; cook in crockpot on high for 2-3 hours or bring to a boil on stove then reduce heat & simmer for 20 minutes until cooked.
QUICK AND EASY TACO SOUP
- 1 pound ground beef or vegetarian crumbles
- 15 oz can pinto beans
- 15 oz can kidney beans
- 15 oz can black beans
- 2 15 oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- 1 16 oz bag frozen corn
- 1 cup diced onion
- sour cream optional
- Brown ground beef; set aside.
- Drain & rinse pinto, kidney, & black beans; pour into pot large bowl (if freezing) or large pot (if cooking immediately).
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, & water to beans; mix well.
- Add taco seasoning; mix well.
- Add corn and onion; mix well.
- Add beef; mix well.
- If freezing, divide mixture into 2 labeled gallon size freezer bags and freeze. To cook: Thaw if frozen; cook in crockpot on high for 2-3 hours or bring to a boil on stove then reduce heat & simmer for 20 minutes until cooked.
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 2-3 hours in Crock-pot or 20 minutes on stove-top. Number of servings (yield): 8.
Want more? Don’t miss these awesome recipes!
- One Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Soup (Easy Freezer to Slow-Cooker Recipe!)
- Quick & Easy Taco Casserole
PIN FOR LATER
TAKE BACK CONTROL OF YOUR HOME LIFE
Ever feel like you just can't keep up? Our Living Well Starter Guide will show you how to start streamlining your life in just 3 simple steps. It's a game changer--get it free for a limited time!
If you love this resource, be sure to check out our digital library of helpful tools and resources for cleaning faster, taking control of your budget, organizing your schedule, and getting food on the table easier than ever before.