This delicious pork tenderloin recipe could not get any easier–just five minutes of prep followed by a few hours in the slow cooker. Can be frozen ahead of time!
I don’t know about you but I think at this point I am fully addicted to simple, delicious freezer meals. Even my husband, who first balked at the idea of freezer cooking and insisted he wouldn’t like any of the meals, has whole-heartedly embraced this freezer friendly lifestyle. It has not only saved us a ton of time and stress, but a ton of money as well.
Now that fall is upon us and school is in full swing, I love serving down-home comfort-food type meals, especially those that can be thrown in the slow cooker for a completely effortless meal. This slow-cooked pork “tenderloin” is a great alternative to beef or chicken and comes together in just minutes. (It is technically a pork loin roast, which lends itself better to slow cooking!) It can also be frozen ahead as part of a freezer cooking day! The recipe below makes two roasts, so if you only want one be sure to cut the ingredients in half.
Slow Cooked Pork Tenderloin
Here is what you need:2 (2 pound) pork loin roasts 2 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix 2 cups chicken broth 2 cups red wine 1 large onion, chopped 6 cloves garlic, minced 3 tablespoons soy sauce 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce freshly ground black pepper to taste
Step 1: Chop onion and mince garlic.
Step 2: Whisk together soup mix, chicken broth, wine, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic and black pepper.
Step 3: Label bags; place one 2 lb pork tenderloin in each bag and divide marinade evenly among bags. Then freeze.
Step 4: Thaw meat; add carrots and potatoes and cook in crock pot on low for 4-5 hours.
FREEZER PORK TENDERLOIN
- 2 2 pound pork loin roasts
- 2 1 ounce envelopes dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 cup large onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Mince garlic and chop onion.
- Whisk together soup mix, chicken broth, wine, soy sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, onion, garlic and black pepper.
- Label bags; place one 2 lb pork tenderloin in each bag and divide marinade evenly among bags. Then freeze.
- Thaw meat; cook in crock pot on low for 4-5 hours.
Preparation time: 5-7 minutes. Cooking time: 4-5 hours in crock pot. Number of servings (yield): 6 for 2 lbs of meat.
Other Freezer-Friendly Meals You’ll Love:
- Easy Slow-Cooker Cranberry Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Soup (Easy Freezer to Slow-Cooker Recipe!)
- Freezer-to-Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Spinach & Sausage One Pot Pasta
PIN FOR LATER
What are your favorite freezer friendly meals?
TAKE BACK CONTROL OF YOUR HOME LIFE
Ever feel like you just can't keep up? Our Living Well Starter Guide will show you how to start streamlining your life in just 3 simple steps. It's a game changer--get it free for a limited time!
If you love this resource, be sure to check out our digital library of helpful tools and resources for cleaning faster, taking control of your budget, organizing your schedule, and getting food on the table easier than ever before.