I was always intimidated by fish until I stumbled upon this amazing recipe, and I have been meaning to share it for ages. I got the original version from my dear friend Jenny during a mom’s night out recipe swap back when we both lived in Seattle. We were so chatty that night that I only ended up writing down two recipes, but this was one of them.
In the years since, I have tweaked it just a bit. It is one of my family’s very favorite meals and it is also a fantastic–and super easy–dish to serve guests, provided they eat seafood.
The really great thing about this recipe is that it works with pretty much any type of fish or seafood. The original recipe called for halibut, which I love but is very hard to get here in Florida. I have used tilapia, mahi hahi, salmon, flounder, cod, & shrimp with this recipe, and they have all turned out wonderful.
Recipe: The Very Best Fish Recipe Ever
Summary: An easy & versatile creamy parmesan topping that works with almost any type of fish.
- 3/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 c. butter, softened, plus more for greasing dish
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 c chopped green onions
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. freeze dried dill (optional)
- 2 dashes tabasco sauce
- 2 pounds skinless fish (halibut, tilapia, flounder, mahi mahi, salmon, or cod all work great)
- Pre-heat the oven broiler; Grease 9×13″ baking dish with thin coat of butter.
- Mix together parmesan cheese, butter, mayo, lemon juice, green onion, salt, pepper, dill, & tabasco in small bowl until well blended.
- Arrange fish in a single layer in baking dish.
- Broil fish for 8 minutes or until it flakes with a fork. Remove from oven and carefully spread parmesan mixture over top. Broil 2 additional minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6