The Very Best Fish Recipe Ever

The Best Fish Recipe Ever!

I was always intimidated by fish until I stumbled upon this amazing recipe, and I have been meaning to share it for ages.  I got the original version from my dear friend Jenny during a mom’s night out recipe swap back when we both lived in Seattle.  We were so chatty that night that I only ended up writing down two recipes, but this was one of them.

In the years since, I have tweaked it just a bit.   It is one of my family’s very favorite meals and it is also a fantastic–and super easy–dish to serve guests, provided they eat seafood.

The really great thing about this recipe is that it works with pretty much any type of fish or seafood.  The original recipe called for halibut, which I love but is very hard to get here in Florida.  I have used tilapia, mahi hahi, salmon, flounder, cod, & shrimp with this recipe, and they have all turned out wonderful.

Thanks again Jenny!

What’s your favorite way to prepare seafood?

• Alisha November 12,

Oh my goodness, this sounds so yummy! Can’t wait to try it… Thanks Ruth (and Jenny)!

• Ruth November 15,

You’re welcome! Let me know how it turns out! :-)

• Michelle November 12,

This looks so yummy! Will have to try it soon.

• Gail November 12,

I have the same problem with fish–I love it but I never know how to prepare it, so I just don’t. This sounds so easy. I am adding fish to my grocery list as we speak so I can try it tonight!

• Ruth November 15,

Gail I would love to hear how it turns out for you! :-)

• Jenny November 12,

Your welcome, Ruth. We love this recipe!

• Claire @ A Little Claireification November 12,

That sounds fantastic, thanks Ruth!! :)

• Ruth November 15,

You’re welcome! Let me know how it turns out for you if you try it! :-)

• Ruth November 13,

This recipe sounds yummy!! Thanks for sharing.
    Ruth

• Ruth November 15,

Oh believe me, it is! You’re welcome :-)

• Rebecca November 13,

This sounds delicious! I’m not such a huge fan of fish, but with creamy parmesan cheese, you can’t go wrong. Will have to try this soon. Thanks!

• Ruth November 15,

Thanks Rebecca! Let me know how it turns out for you! :-)

• Carolyn January 24,

Ruth,

Can’t wait to try this! We have a deep freezer full of fish that my husband caught. I know once I find a good recipe for fish (trout), it will be a once-a-week dinner at my house!

• Jen Nikolaus May 24,

This sounds great! I’m always looking for yummy fish ideas, thanks for sharing! Love your blog!!
    Best,
    Jen @ Yummy Healthy Easy

• Cara July 14,

My family loves fish but I’ve always been to nervous about cooking it. With this recipie…I think I can! Thank you! One quick question though…would you preheat the oven to broil low or high? My oven has a choice of settings.

• kristy July 23,

What would be a good side dish with this meal? Going to try it this week! Looks great!

• Anonymous February 21,

I used to order this at a restaurant in north Florida called Harry’s seafood. I always got the server to order me steamed broccoli and some of the same sauce on top. Completely sinful!

• Lisa J. August 5,

Really enjoyed this recipe. Made it and put over rice. Delish! Thanks for sharing!

• Dristee November 16,

Am not a fish lover.. But trust me i tried this recipie and its amaziiiiinnnnnngggggg …. Thank You for this yet very simple and tasty dish !!!

• Renee November 23,

My oven has a hi/low setting for the broiler. Which woukd I use? Or could I bake it instead? Thanks. :)

• Anonymous December 4,

My teenage daughter, who doesn’t as a rule like fish,is having her third helping; “this is freakishly awesome!” :))

• shauna December 18,

What would the cook time be if the fish are frozen?
    Thanks!

• gina January 13,

This was so good. Even my six year old loved it and he hates fish!

• Pauline C. January 14,

Made this for supper and my husband commented that it was excellent and he would like me to make it again sometime. I also thought it was very tasty. Thanks for the recipe. I am going to pin it for sure!

• Barb January 14,

I’ve made this often with fresh catfish. Very good fish recipe.

• Gail February 20,

I used to have fish fairly often but stopped when it became so difficult to buy fish from USA, not China. Where there are very poor sanitation standards. This recipe sounds delicious so I may just have to ignore the country of origin once in awhile. One question: is the Parmesan cheese shredded (strips) or grated (powder)? Thanks for posting.

• Ruth Soukup February 21,

The Parmesan Cheese is shredded.
      Hope you enjoy!

• Anonymous March 1,

OMG!!!! This is the BEST fish dish I’ve ever made!! I’m trying to get my family to eat more fish and this dish I will make again and again. Thank you so much for this delicious recipe!!!

• Alyssa March 21,

I’ve made this several times since finding your post. Seriously, this recipe is absolutely delicious! My family loves it!

• Dana March 22,

This was delicious! Used cod and substituted a few tablespoons of sriracha for the hot sauce. Entire family (4 kids included) ate, enjoyed and asked for seconds. Will double recipe next time!
    Thanks so much for the recipe.

• Tracy April 5,

Tried it tonight with tilapia–delicious! Halved the recipe and it was the perfect amout for my husband, 2-year-old, and me.