Everyone needs a go-to chocolate brownie recipe that whips up super fast using ingredients you probably already have on hand. And if it only messes up one bowl in the process? Well, that’s even better! Of course when my friend Natalie shared this recipe with me a few weeks ago, insisting that these were the best brownies on the planet, I have to admit, I was skeptical. After all, I’ve already publicly declared my allegiance to brownies from a box. How much better could these ones be?
So. Much. Better.
Fudgy, chocolatey, melt-in-your-mouth-and-make-you-want-to-cry better.
I know when I’ve been beaten. These One Bowl Brownies win the gold medal, hands down.
Use our free and easy grocery list to make the grocery shopping easy! Simply opt-in below to have the Grocery List Printable sent straight to your inbox!
But do you want to know the best part of all? You can make these brownies using 12 ounces of any chocolate you happen to have sitting around. I used milk chocolate chips for this particular batch, but come Monday I will definitely be
confiscating, er repurposing all those chocolate eggs from the Easter Bunny. You know, to make brownies for my kids. 😉
Here is what you need:12 ounces chocolate chips or chocolate candy 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter 3/4 cup sugar 2 eggs 1 cup flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon vanilla 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds.
Step 2: Stir; return to microwave and heat for 30 seconds more until chocolate is melted.
Step 3: Add sugar, eggs, flour, and salt and mix until smooth.
Step 4: Add vanilla extract, and fold in walnuts if using.
Step 5: Pour into greased 8×8 glass baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Step 6: Remove from oven; let cool for 10 minutes then cut into 2×2 inch squares with plastic knife.
Recipe: One Bowl Brownies
Summary: Need a chocolate dessert in a hurry? These brownies are easy to make and only require one bowl!
- 12 ounces chocolate chips or chocolate candy
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir; return to microwave and heat for 30 seconds more until chocolate is melted.
- Add sugar, eggs, flour, and salt and mix until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract, and fold in walnuts if using.
- Pour into greased 8×8 glass baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let cool for 10 minutes then cut into 2×2 inch squares with plastic knife.
Preparation time: 2-3 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 16
* * *
What’s your go-to chocolate fix?