Burlap Wreath {DiY}

DiY Burlap Wreath--super easy wreath takes less than 15 minutes to make!  Swap out the starfish for other seasonal accents to make it work all year long.

I can’t wait to start sharing all my projects from Trouble’s Beachy Mermaid Party!  It was such a fun party to throw, and now that it is over I am thrilled to have some great home decor left over to give my house a casual summer beach house vibe. These burlap wreaths were ridiculously easy to make and I absolutely adore them!  The best part is that when summer is over I can swap out the starfish for something a little more fall-ish, with almost no effort at all.

The burlap garland made this project especially painless.  At first I thought about just cutting regular burlap into strips, but this stuff is lightly wired AND the edges are finished, which makes it much easier to work with.  It was about $8 for a roll at the craft store, but of course I used a coupon to get it for half off!

DiY Burlap Wreath Supplies

Here is what you need:

1 roll of burlap garland (10 yards)
1 wire wreath frame
twine
a starfish or other embellishment

DiY Burlap Wreath

Step 1: Hold the wire frame in one hand, securing the end of the burlap ribbon with that same hand.  With your other hand, begin pushing loops of burlap through the back of the frame, alternating sections and pushing them together as you go.

DiY Burlap Wreath

Step 2:  Continue pushing loops through the frame all the way around.  This takes about 5-10 minutes.  Easy!

DiY Burlap Wreath

Step 3:  Once the frame is full, fluff & even out the loops.

DiY Burlap Wreath

Step 4: Use twine to secure the starfish to the wreath.

DIY Burlap Starfish Wreath

Step 5:  Hang and you’re done.  Seriously.  That’s it.  Can you believe it?  Easiest. Craft. Ever.

DiY Burlap Wreath

Do you think you’ll try this one yourself?  How would you embellish it?

• Michelle June 10,

Very cute!

• Ruth Soukup June 12,

Thanks Michelle!

• Darcy June 10,

I love this! Where did you get your starfish?

• Ruth Soukup June 12,

I got some of them at local stores and some on Etsy. :-)

• Rebecca @Body Power Fitness June 11,

This is super cute! I have lots of starfish and seashells around my house and have been thinking about making a wreath too. Think this is the one! Thanks for sharing it.

• Ruth Soukup June 12,

Thanks Rebecca! I’d love to see a photo of your finished product if you decide to make one!

• Daphne July 7,

What size wreath form did you use, & did you use the entire roll of burlap?

• Sheri N. August 19,

Do you store your wreaths? If the burlap isn’t secured to the frame, how does it stay together and not fall part when you store it?

• Stephanie August 30,

What size wreath frame will one roll cover? I saw a really cute burlap fall wreath and thought i would give it a try. I am excited that its going to be as easy as this! If I were going to use fall flowers as accents, would you recommend using a glue gun to secure them? Thanks for your post!

• Ruth Soukup August 31,

The wreath frame I used was approximately 12″ in diameter. I would probably try to use jute twine to secure them if I could–it doesn’t show up at all and then you can change it out whenever you want–but a glue gun would probably work too!

• Donna P September 13,

I am a little confused how you reverse to go back the other way from one side of frame to the other without cutting the burlap. Can anyone explain what to do after pulling the first row through? I don’t understand how it anchors at the far end of the first row.

Thanks in advance.

• Laura October 4,

I’m thinking of making one in Camoflauge burlap (they carry it at my local walmart) for the deer season (my husband loves hunting). Any ideas of what I could embellish with?

• Anonymous October 15,

A grunt call and some red shotgun shells !!

• Christina October 17,

Knife, Knife Sharpener, Binoculars, Flashlight, and a Compass. Just some others things to add to the other replies! I would love to see how your wreath turns out! Good Luck :)

• Ruth Soukup October 7,

I would definitely visit the dollar store {or a craft store} to see what you could find. There might be a cute little deer that you could add to the wreath!

• Anonymous October 9,

what do you mean by alternating sections?

• Hassie June 14,

This design is incredible! You definitely know how to keep a reader amused.

Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my
    own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Wonderful job.
    I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you
    presented it. Too cool!

• marine accessories July 24,

I used to be suggested this web site through my cousin. I’m now not certain
    whether or not this publish is written by him as nobody elae know such
    specific approximately my trouble. You’re incredible!
    Thanks!