This hearty corn & black bean chili recipe can easily be made vegetarian and only takes 30-minutes. It is the perfect the chili recipe for any day of the week.
This is hands down my favorite chili recipe ever! Not only is it super easy, coming together in less than 30 minutes, it uses mostly basic pantry staples which makes it super thrifty too. The key to the super fresh flavor is the green verde chili, so don’t skip that part!
As usual, I used vegetarian protein crumbles instead of ground beef, but those of you who prefer REAL meat could substitute a pound of ground beef or turkey instead. Although I personally prefer things a little spicier, I make this version fairly mild so that it is still kid friendly. (My kids absolutely love this recipe!) For more of a kick, you can add hot chiles, fresh jalapeño, and extra hot chili powder.
30 Minute Vegetarian Corn & Black Bean Chili
Here is what you need:3-4 tablespoons butter 1 sweet onion 1 package vegetarian protein crumbles (such as Morningstar or Gardein brand or 1 pound ground beef) 2 15oz cans black beans 1 15oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained 1 15oz can low sodium corn kernels, undrained 1 4oz can diced green chiles, undrained 1 16oz jar salsa verde (the green kind) 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder sour cream fresh cilantro cooked rice (optional)
READY FOR A STRESS FREE HOLIDAY SEASON?
Our LWSL Holiday Planner is BACK and better than ever for 2021! Set family goals, plan your menus, keep track of your gift list, manage your budget & so much more! Best of all, it's completely FREE.
Step 1: Dice onions. Melt butter in large pot over medium heat. Saute onions until soft, about 5 minutes.
Step 2: Add vegetarian protein crumbles (or ground beef); cook until browned, 5-7 minutes more. Reduce heat to medium low.
Step 3: Rinse & drain black beans
Step 4: Add tomatoes, corn, green chiles, salsa, & black beans to pot; mix well. Add chili powder. Bring just to boiling, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Step 5: Chop cilantro. Serve chili in bowl topped with sour cream, cilantro, & rice (optional).
Easy Corn & Black Bean Chili
- 3-4 tablespoons butter
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 package vegetarian protein crumbles such as Morningstar or Boca brand (or 1 pound ground beef)
- 2 15 oz cans black beans
- 1 15 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 15 oz can low sodium corn kernels undrained
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles undrained
- 1 16 oz jar salsa verde the green kind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- cooked rice optional
- Dice onions. Melt butter in large pot over medium heat. Saute onions until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetarian protein crumbles (or ground beef); cook until browned, 5-7 minutes more. Reduce heat to medium low.
Rinse & drain black beans.
- Add tomatoes, corn, green chiles, salsa, & black beans to pot; mix well. Add chili powder. Bring just to boiling, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Chop cilantro. Serve chili in bowl topped with sour cream, cilantro, & rice (optional).
Number of servings (yield): 6
If you like this recipe, you’ll love these!
PIN FOR LATER
TAKE BACK CONTROL OF YOUR HOME LIFE
Ever feel like you just can't keep up? Our Living Well Starter Guide will show you how to start streamlining your life in just 3 simple steps. It's a game changer--get it free for a limited time!
If you love this resource, be sure to check out our digital library of helpful tools and resources for cleaning faster, taking control of your budget, organizing your schedule, and getting food on the table easier than ever before.